Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Babylon 5 movie (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Babylon 5 movie
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's in the link I provided. (bottom left corner).

The BGH looked like some hawaiian scooby-doo monster.
All the episode needed was for the Ranger to yell "Zoinks!".

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BGH is the same as the foot-ship?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The BGH is on the "Close Encounters"-like ship with the pink and other coloured lights.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I guess they aren't making a B5 movie after all.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, someone owes me ten bucks. I knew it.

B5 is dead, again. Long live B5.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Straczynski's right: it's not his fault that no one is excited to do a B5 movie....it needs "big name stars" (as opposed to a great script).

It was also not his fault that Legend of The Rangers was not a huge success: according to him, it's the very best of B5.
Must be the fans. Or the studio. Someone.

That really sums it all up.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
It was also not his fault that Legend of The Rangers was not a huge success: according to him, it's the very best of B5.
Must be the fans. Or the studio. Someone.

That really sums it all up.

Hmm, he thinks that? Must be suffering from the same affliction as Rick Berman re: Nemesis.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, that's just what Jason would like us all to think about JMS ever since he suffered that emotional trauma from watching Legends.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Yes indeed.

JMS does not blame the fans but every time someone points out a flaw in his productions, he does try to lay the blame elsewhere.
Usually "studio execs".

..and he really does still say that his LOTR was great.

Sounds a LOT like Berman about Nemesis now atht I think of it.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can't say I'm surprised, and I can't say I'm very disappointed. Though I would've loved to see more B5 (especially after JMS has been talking up the movie like it was a done deal for the last year or so), I feel that a feature film would not be the ideal venue for any continuation of the B5 saga. JMS' biggest strengths lie in the long-running story arcs and the subtle plotting, not the quick-and-dirty, one-shot features.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. And really, what else is there to tell in this story? The events between the end of the series and "Sleeping in Light" have been covered in the novels if you're interested enough to read them (so far, I haven't been). We don't know what JMS had planned for the Crusade overall arc, but what we do know or can infer suggests it was really more of the same - Shadow tech, dodgy Earth governance, etc. If he wants to sustain interest he needs to get that stuff out there in one form or another, not keep it secret forever while blaming TNT and everyone else. And as for Legends of the Rangers: To Live and Die in Starlight (to give it its whole, awful title) the whole thing was a mess. And all I was thinking while watching it was "Oh, God, another mysterious race threatening the galaxy, this time called The Hand. How daft is that?"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Their defeat shall come at the hands of corned beef sandwich. It's the same method "Tom" Cruise used in that movie a while back, War of the Worlds I think.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps