Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SGA "The Siege, Part II" [Spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SGA "The Siege, Part II" [Spoilers]
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
We always knew that the drones had to be a finite supply, but what had to be the biggest single repository - the chair - is now empty. I'm guessing that in the next season or so, we'll see Atlantis retrofit their puddle jumpers with conventional missiles or something, unless they can find another cache somewhere in Pegasus or spare some from the outpost in Antarctica, should any remain.
Well, Atlantis is an entire city, and the Ancients were holed up there for awhile. Surely they've got factories in it somewhere. (They could also do with a light rail system or something.)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They have those transporters with the ring-transporter sound...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those rooms are pretty small, though.
RLF
Member # 1396

- posted      Profile for RLF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Well, Atlantis is an entire city, and the Ancients were holed up there for awhile. Surely they've got factories in it somewhere. (They could also do with a light rail system or something.)

Power for running a factory could be a problem. McKay was thinking about rolling blackouts if they had to stay for more than a year without contact with Earth, after all.

Still, even a few dozen more drones could be worth running a Mark I naquadah generation dead dry.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Well, I'm not saying they ought to be able to build whatever they want at will. Just that the potential to produce a wide number of goods should probably exist, given the technology level of the Ancients and the purposes to which they put the city. (Namely, surviving a siege.) For instance, I'll bet there's a way to grow (or construct from raw materials) all the food they need; it's just a matter of figuring out how, and how to power the process. And, of course, all that tempered with the fact that ultimately Atlantis was abandoned. (Though this seems to have been a choice made, rather than one forced upon them. That is, the last Ancient to leave didn't have Wraith literally snapping at his heels.)
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps