Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BG: "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down"

Author Topic: BG: "Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down"
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So apparently this had a different title when it aired on the other side of the Atlantic? Obviously the rest of the world isn't ready for the devestating puns American industry is capable of.

Anyway, resolved: Baltar has some problems. I can see why he wouldn't want to expose a Cylon to its face, but he's as much at risk from Cylon sabotage as anyone else; moreso, if someone he's vouched for goes on to conclusively demonstrate their Cylonity. (For that matter, I don't think I'd even announce that I was testing for Cylons; I'm sure they could come up with some other plausible reason to collect blood samples.) But perhaps Six has told him not to expose anyone? I mean, this works out perfectly for the Cylons. They can be tested without worry and lull the fleet into a false sense of security. (Assuming what she wants corresponds with what the Cylons as a whole want.)

I also liked her obvious distaste for Mrs. Tigh.

And finally some intelligence gathering! Even if it turns out that they were just being fed false data.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the Sci-Fi Channel is putting up downloadable, or I guess podcastable, if you are some sort of hippie freak, audio commentary tracks. Huh. They don't appear to archive them, so catch as catch can. (I'm just downloading mine now. I suppose they might not archive them because they intend to put them on the inevitable DVD set.)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baltar's in an odd position. (No, not the one Starbuck found him in!) It's one thing to be afraid of exposing a Cylon to its face, but yet another to invoke the wrath of Six. She probably doesn't want him outing all of her compatriots.

As for Mrs. Tigh, we really aren't sure whether she's a Cylon or not. But I like Apollo's line there: "If she's not [a Cylon], we're in big trouble."

B.J.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I think there's still plenty of ambiguity about whose idea it is to lie about the test results, though.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all Baltar's. Because six is just a figment of his imagination. But then of course, he is a cylon...
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That'd better be just a joke and not a spoiler, BX!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
[QB] So apparently this had a different title when it aired on the other side of the Atlantic? Obviously the rest of the world isn't ready for the devestating puns American industry is capable of.

A friend of mine DL'd and burned to DVD all the episodes that have aired on UK's SkyOne thus far. He not only burned the episodes, but formatted them w/a directory and included an "extra's" disc with lots of kewel images and some commentary.

But I digress....

Each of the discs has the episode titles and every title from the SkyOne broadcasts has been the same as those on the SciFi Channel broadcasts. The SkyOne broadcasts have included a few extra scenes here and there, but no major differences that I've noticed from the SFC airings.

As for Baltar, I'm pretty certain he's not a Cylon. That's based off of having watched all 13 episodes, tho there's nothing much different we see later that we've not already seen in these episodes up to "Tigh Me Up..." I'm fairly certain that Six is actually "in" his head, tho. Prolly as some sort of implanted bio-chip and/or transceiver type thing. There have been too many coincidences up to this episode that leave me convinced this is the case.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Invisible sidekicks only I can see get called HARVEY!"

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original Harvey was a 6 foot tall rabbit (not that we ever saw it). That started me thinking of Six with a pair of bunny ears, and my mind just devolved from there...

[Big Grin]

B.J.

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Bunny Ears and nuthin' else, neh? [Big Grin]
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that was the implication, yes. Good job.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Griffworks
Member # 1014

Why, thank you for not being so difficult!
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LIEK A PENTHOUSE BUNNIES!
quote:
Originally posted by MinutiaeMan:
That'd better be just a joke and not a spoiler, BX!

One of my favorite games to play watching this series is insisting that any major character is a Cylon and then coming up with ridiculous details to support my argument.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps