Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » BG: "Kobol's Last Gleaming" part 1 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BG: "Kobol's Last Gleaming" part 1
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my god, its Kosh!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of got the feeling that they were intentionally making no implications about Ellen Tigh one way or the other. That Baltar knows whether she's a Cylon or not, but that we, the audience, still have a 50/50 chance of guessing.

As for not having discovered Kobol before: maybe the ship that discovered it had a hard drive crash or something. Since they don't network computers, all the data was lost.

(But, I kid. Because that thing about computer networks is still totally nonsensical.)

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: Ya - i figured they were leaving us hanging because - you gotta know she's gonna be trouble, and, we as the audience, will begin to suspect that Ellen's a Cylon...

But I, for some odd reason, pegged her as a Cylon right away... too fishy how she was missing - and by some miracle she turns up with no records of her being aboard the Rising Star... Dunno .. smells fishy to me.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think she's a Cylon. Now, the mysterious benefactor who rescued her and nursed her back to health before vanishing. . .
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh... good point!!

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But she could very easily be one of those Cylons who doesn't know she's a Cylon! [Wink]

However, one thing that the show has very cleverly avoided suggesting so far, is any idea whether the humanoid Cylon models are based on real human templates, or whether they created their own appearances themselves. (Translation: Is there a real human woman who looks like Number Six, a real Boomer, a real Leoben?) My guess is that they're original Cylon creations, because Boomer was obviously working on the Galactica for several years at the least. Or otherwise, the Cylons used the real Boomer as the template, and replaced her with one of the Cylon models.

My bet is that there's no original human template. Therefore, Ellen Tigh is not a Cylon. That is, unless you consider the extremely unlikely possibility that poor Colonel Tigh actually married a Cylon however many years ago, and she's been a Cylon all this time. My guess is that the humanoid Cylons are a much more recent development.

So, assuming that the little bit of intel about there only being twelve models of humanoid Cylons is correct, that means that Ellen Tigh is almost certainly not a Cylon.

...Which I think is a bit of a shame, seeing as how the fleet is likely to be in much more trouble if she isn't a Cylon. [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps