Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » $$ Doctor Who To Be Renewed - in more ways than one! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: $$ Doctor Who To Be Renewed - in more ways than one!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know neither of those names. And the use of "we" has made me feel lonely. I'm going to have a cry now.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You be sure to let us all know how that turns out.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugh Quarshie was Sunda Kastagir, the third-last Immortal in the original "Highlander". He was also Captain whoever in "The Phantom Menace".

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old guy:

-

New guy:

-

It's still tough to grasp that the new guy, whom we've barely seen for 45 minutes, is already going to be the old guy, probably within a year...

David Tennant is the guy the BBC are supposedly in negotiations with - he was apparently the backup guy after Eccleston. Now he'll probably get his chance... And if anyone else was like me in noticing how young they've been of late, I've researched how old each actor was when they took on the role:

William Hartnell - 56
Patrick Troughton - 46
Jon Pertwee - 51
Tom Baker - 40
Peter Davison - 30
Colin Baker - 43
Sylvester McCoy - 44
Paul McGann - 37
Christopher Eccleston - 41
(David Tennant) - 35

And for what it's worth, Peter Cushing was 52. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eddie Izzard!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Izzard will just want to go around putting Darleks on spikes.

my vote goes to Rowan Atkinson.
That Dr Who bit he did for Comic Relief a few years back was classic.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what's the deal with the Peter Cushing films, again?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

There was no deal with the Peter Cushing films. Ever again.

Atkinson had a fine Doctor - completely against type, as he played the Doctor as slmost completely straight laced and understated compared to Bean or any of the Blackadders. RTD seems to have it in for anyone who's played the role before, though... It'll be Tennant or someone else new.

"The End of the World" will be available tonight - and Eccles will have had as much time as McGann, our next milestone... One wonders how this announcement will affect the ratings.

Mark

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rowana Atkinson would be interesting.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rowana Atkinson? Is that like Rowan Atkinson in drag?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new guy looks like Teegan....very 1980's feminine.
Mabye the new Doctor is a big Depeche Mode fan...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Rowana heheh.

Also, I couldn't have summed up that pic of that new guy any better Jason. Ugh.

Hmmm I wonder if they'd ever do a Teegan reappearance!?! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

The second most rampant speculation on Doctor Who, after who the next Doctor will be, is whether anyone from previous series (Doctors, monsters, companions) will show up next.

The short answer is no - it's far to early to resort to stunt casting like that. Of the ten million people watching, the vast majority are not the hardcore fans who would understand or appreciate it. So as fun as it is, there's no real point...

Mark

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if they were going to bring someone back, the obvious choice would be McGann. Although, with the right make-up, they could probably reasonably pull off Davison or McCoy. As far as companions go, I don't know what they all look like these days, but Nicola Bryant still looks surprisingly young. So, if they really wanted to do a "The Two Doctors" sort of episode, #5/Peri is probably their best shot. Though, only if Bryant has figured out how to do a proper American accent sometime since the '80s.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that people were focusing on her voice, anyway...

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.