Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Batman Begins...$$$$$$spoilers (The redemption of a franchise) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Batman Begins...$$$$$$spoilers (The redemption of a franchise)
Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually according to the batmobile site Sol linked to 1941 had the first 'unique' batmobile almost from the inception of the comics, it was some old yank late 30s/early 40s car with a bat mask on the front and a massive fin on the roof.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Early Batmobiles in the comics were just a popular car of the day with an extra fin or two, I believe.

http://www.batmobilehistory.com/index.html

I still the the "Batman Beyond" car was the best looking design ever. I'd love to see that thing realised in a live action movie, moving the way it did in the "laser chase" scene from "Return of the Joker".
The new one of course is a whole different animal. Very much reminisent of the Frank Miller tank, but ligher and with a lot more speed.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a Batman Beyond movie touted as being "in development" couple years ago. I guess it's on indefinite hold now, but after this remoured trilogy is told, I'd love to revisit the BB world. Make up Christian Bale as an 80 year-old and go nuts. [Smile]

That Batmobile page is awesome. The car has had so many incarnations... Say, is there a page somewhere that details the various Batsuits through the ages?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zefram:
I think the voice is simply part of the whole Batman persona. It likely that he's so fully immersed himself into the part that, even when speaking with those he knows, he still uses the voice he invented for the character.

I thought the cartoon did it best. In that, Bruce always used his "Batman" voice except when he was being "Billionaire playboy". If he was at home talking to Alfred in his own clothes, it would be in deep, scary voice mode. Possibly because of the fact that...

quote:
Originally posted by Reverend:
Just saw it today and loved it. Mostly because it wasn't actually a Batman movie, it was a Bruce Wayne movie, which makes it all the more interesting for me.

Of course, the point about Batman in general (and which the film gets) is that there is no Bruce Wayne, there is only Batman. Superman is really Clarke Kent (at least, since the mid-80s reboot), and Spider-Man is really Peter Parker, but Batman is Batman. His normal face is his diguise. The man has no life beyond wandering around dressed as a giant bat stopping bad guys.

(And on your other point, apparently the small girl is actually listed in the credits as "Barbara Gordon", although I haven't checked.)

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Hell, if they wanted a gritty realistic Robin, they could skip Dick Grayson completely and use Tim Drake instead.

Buh? How is the kid who goes to a private school and who has a dad more "gritty" than the kid who's parents were both killed by mobsters and who was left as an orphan?

(And if they want "gritty", they'd surely go with Jason.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.