Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » SGA: "Duet" ($$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: SGA: "Duet" ($$$)
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two words: Blunder McStupid. [Big Grin]

Other than being treated to an excellent McKay episode, I was surprised at the ending. I was positive they were going to kill Cadman at the end.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking that she might've died if she voluntarily gave up (like she was about to), but I don't think they would've tragically killed her while trying to save her. Despite the serious circumstances, I think that the two Stargate shows are seriously trying to be much more lighthearted -- either in contrast to Battlestar Galactica specifically or to try to buck the trend of serious, depressing, post-9/11 dramas in general.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was "Doctor Fumbles McStupid", actually.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, Steve Martin has Lily Tomlin stuck inside his body, and.....

Whoops, right plot, wrong actors!

Seriously, who didn't immediately think of the movie "All of Me"? Of course, later when McKay was arguing with himself (sort of), resulting in the camera cutting back and forth from one side to the other, it reminded me of Golem's scenes in LOTR.

I'm expecting McKay to have a second date, but NOT a third!

B.J.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Seriously, who didn't immediately think of the movie 'All of Me'?"

Anyone who's never seen it. Or, you know, heard of it.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Hey, anyone notice how much we see CGI gates these days? Much more often now, they're not bothering to cart the big "field" gate prop out to the location sets, instead using a CG shot. It's cheaper that way, but it still looks obvious sometimes, especially when you see a ring just sitting in the ground. OTOH, it makes a little sense that if these gates have been there for thousands or millions of years, that lots of them would have been partially buried in the interm so their usual steps are covered. Still doesn't explain why the DHD is fully exposed and a physical prop, though. [Wink]

-Atlantis is getting decked out. Props-wise, they apparently have ketchup and mustard now! Also they have practice mats, a shooting range, tons more furniture, etc.

-So... How'd they get the wreckage of the dart into that lab? There were no apparent doors, and the stairs would be a bitch to work that thing down. They must have pushed it throuh to the gatrium on Atlantis, craned it up to the jumper bay, and then somehow moved it to wherever the lab is.

-Dr. H's office is way the hell away from the main complex now. It's the same set, but looking through the windows now shows a nighttime view of the central complex. Is there an identical building off somewhere else? Does Dr. H like things far away from the fun downtown?

-Speaking of which, the new look of Atlantis at night with all the lights working is just cool.

-So Ronon has a guard on him at all times, and yet he is allowed to carry his kickass gun?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
So... How'd they get the wreckage of the dart into that lab? There were no apparent doors, and the stairs would be a bitch to work that thing down. They must have pushed it throuh to the gatrium on Atlantis, craned it up to the jumper bay, and then somehow moved it to wherever the lab is.
Transporters on the Daedalaus?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was gonna suggest the same thing.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, they coulda done it that way... But then again, it looked like a large lab, which is STILL illogical to have if you can't manhandle large pieces of equipment into it. If they didn't have the transporters, they probably would have had to do the analysis in the gatrium itself. The SGC has done that enough.

Mark

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, given that Atlantis has the transporter booths, its plausible that there might be another transporter in the gatrium that was never used before due to lack of power...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Well, that in turn depends on whether or not the Lanteans figured out how to transport people without the need of rings or booths. The Asgard tranporters are open-ended, unlike the Lanteans who need equipment or something on the other end to recieve a matter stream. And while they could have figured out how to build a larger ring transporter, we've only seen the two sizes so far.

Mark

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Furlings also had uncontained transporter tech, the one time we encountered any of their stuff. And the Nox probably did too.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno, I got the impression that the "lab" we saw with the wreckage of the Wraith fighter (I hate calling them "darts", but that's just me) was really supposed to be an alcove of the Jumper bay above the Gatrium.

The one thing I really appreciated about the episode was the confirmation of something that I'd rationalized myself way back in the first episode: I'd always wondered just how the hell the Wraith fighters might be able to cram more than a couple of captured Humans into the back seats along with the pilot... now we see (on screen and confirmed in dialogue) that the captured people are simply stored in the Wraith equivalent of the transporter buffer until they return to the hive ship, where they're simply deposited right onto the buffet table. Simple, and rather obvious, but still pretty clever.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the captured people are simply stored in the Wraith equivalent of the transporter buffer until they return to the hive ship, where they're simply deposited right onto the buffet table
Actually they deposit them in spider web coccoons. Why they do that when they can just keep them on virtual ice is a good question, but perhaps things start to degrade if kept in there for long.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also I doubt the Wraith have unlimited energy reserves.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps