Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Lost: "Collision" $

Author Topic: Lost: "Collision" $
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching in a noisy kitchen surrounded by relatives, for the most part, so my comments are thin, unless you want to know what an aunt's friend is up to, or whether there's enough dessert for tomorrow (experts say: maybe not!).

I liked how Jack was instantly ready to form a posse to go rescue Sayid. And how Locke wasn't. Not that I think he was unwilling to go help Sayid, but it was interesting to see the two of them swap sides, as far as let's jump right in versus let's sit back and think for a minute.

Ana-Lucia didn't appear to be on the run from the law in the airport (I mean, she was flying back to America, for one thing.) So what did she do after committing murder? I suspect she got away with it somehow. Perhaps she claimed self-defense. That was a cold execution, though. Neat.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I suspect she got away with it somehow. Perhaps she claimed self-defense."

Didn't she tell Sayid that no-one ever found the guy?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She very well may have and I missed it.
bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, she didn't say (out loud) that she'd killed him. Sayid asks her what happened to the guy and Wayne and Garth make the "doodly-doo" sound effects and then we see her in the parking lot with a gun stalking that guy. Hilarity ensues, and then flashback ends and Sayid is all, "Ana-Lucia? What hoppened to heem?" And she shakes it off with "They never found him" and a thousand yard stare that Sayid totally sees right through...

Hooray for Mr. Eko being cool and moody and foreign. Speaking of foreboding fruit, I know it's so very wrong, but I'm attracted to Maggie Grace even when she's playing a corpse.

Rose continues to be my favorite character, and I nearly cried like a little girl when Bernard sees her and she's clutching the necklace. I realize the honest intensity/brutality of realism* so central to this show necessitates either one or both of them dying/disappearing horribly/mysteriously soon, but on that day I will be sad.

Also I enjoyed the tension with the Jack-Kate-Sawyer triangle. I'm trying to remember where the US Psycho-Marshall's wound was. Seems like a similar medical situation at least regarding the infection/sepsis/fever thing anyways...

* and when I say "honest intensity/brutality of realism" I really mean writerly showing-off (i.e. "We the writing staff are so hard-core, we have no need or want for sentiment/feel-goodness") It's kill your darlings, sweethearts, not slaughter them.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I believe he was pierced through at mid-torso, no?

Another thing I liked: Sayid asking about Walt and then reacting to the news of his kidnapping. Like, he already had enough problems of his own, right? I guess it is obvious or transparent, but I liked how the introduction of outsiders highlighted the cohesiveness of the group.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.