Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » "24" Day 5 $$$$$$$$

Author Topic: "24" Day 5 $$$$$$$$
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I include this in science fiction here because of the suspension of disbelief involved in believeing that anywhere in LA can be reached in half an hour, even during morning rush hour.

Talk about getting off to a bang! 4 hour premiere! Guest appearances by Palmer, Tony, and Michelle just so they can all get killed in the first 10 minutes! Some hot mom in a bouncy white top!

The only gripe I have so far is revealing the guy inside the white house so quickly. They usually let us twist for a while. But it's probably not what it seems like.

I think the blonde guy in the dark room with all the monitors is the Russian president's security guy. And the intell about the RP's helicopter being targeted seems to have been a diversion to keep the airport takeover from being picked up.

The second two hours of the premiere are on tonight! Yay!

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really jazzed by the premiere so far!
Fat dude in CTU still iritates the hell outta me tho'! How did such an immature individual end up in one of the most important jobs in the world?? I have no idea... I fully expect to hear more "My daddy is stronger than your daddy" type arguments!! He's the ultimate tattle-tail!

Other than that ... lots of great action in this one ... can't wait for tonight's 2 hour ep.

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, Edgar's kind of a goof. From the previews, I was also hoping to see alot more gun-toting Chloe, but she seems to still be rather pouty and twitchy. And somewhat slutty too...

Couple of questions they really need to answer: What did Palmer know and how did he find out? Why was he trying to tell the first lady instead of someone else? Was it just because he's friends with her?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, a bit spoiled then, but from what I'd read of casting I'd surmised as much.

So good ol' vingt-quatre is still worth watching, then? I think I'll have to Torrent it, like BSG it'll only end up on Sky One over here and I really don't see the point in paying all that money for satellite. Freeview does us nicely. (of course, needless to say the house we're buying will probably have a crummy aerial which is no good for picking up Freeview signals)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure that Chloe is more slutty than last season although we're just beginning season 5... and she did kinda head into the stereotypical way women get promoted. As for what Palmer knew... well it might have something to do with why the First Lady being choloformed after the signing. I knew that Baywatch actor wasn't to be trusted!

It's interesting on how the producers resolve the characters from the first 4 season that aren't really that involved anymore... just kill them off! Might save them time from arranging schedules with the actors but still I am kinda pissed Palmer and Michelle are dead. But at least new characters are now in the spotlight... and Michelle had great hair before she got blown up. What will happen to Tony though?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He'll go from bitter and twisted to over it in the space of about 22 hours.

It's not surprising, really. Palmer I can understand their need to lose, they'd run out of things to do with him, a bit like Kim Bauer. But the Michelle situation was even worse, the thing writers fear more than anything, a - *shudder* - relationship!

I don't know what it is. Is it a result of the high divorce rate in the US, that the idea of two people being in a stable lasting partnership is so utterly alien? Or is it just considered boring, not making for good drama (or comedy)? Or is it just laziness, they prefer to write the endless cycle of meet, break up, get back together, repeat, then dump her from the cast in favour of a younger actress, goto start.

Consider:

• Day Two - Tony & Michelle meet, you get a whole day of flirtation and smouldering looks.
  • Day Three - they're an item, aww. But then Tony spends most of the day in hosiptal, and then Michelle spends the rest either quarantined or kidnapped.
  • Day Four - She's left him, because he's feeling a little bitter after betraying everything he believes in just to ensure her safety; so much for gratitude. But then she comes back, and you get a whole day of flirtation and smouldering looks. Interspersed with her totally failing to betray everything she believes in just to ensure his safety.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bloody Kim Bauer. If it wasn't for her leaving the house at 12am that night all those people wouldn't have died... there'd be no series! [Smile]

Heheh instead it'd be 24 (seconds) just a camera panning over The Bauers, the Palmers etc all asleep in bed etc. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yah, Kim never really seemed to latch on to the fact that if she'd just listened to her parents, her mom would still be alive. Though, had she not gone out that night, they probably would have just come and taken her.

Day 1, in my book, still had the best twists of the whole series. The Sentinel actor turning out not to be that chick's dad. She wakes up in the hospital and sees him for the first time: "Wh-who are you?" Beep boop, beep boop, beep boop, beep boop...

Also, Jack shooting Nina, only for us to see a video tape of them leaving. Tony: "Why did he put her in a flack jacket?' Cut to Nina waking up in the desert. Brilliant.

OK... last night... Who couldn't tell that "Flank 2" was a red flag? I knew it. So... the airport takeover was all a diversion to jack-hammer through the floor in a hanger and get their hands on some nerve gas. I'm sorry... I like Sean Astin, but I'm not buying Samwise as a high-up government agent. Maybe the Mr. Niceguy routine will get scary in a couple of hours. Anyone notice the Yellow-tie who took the card key to the hanger was Badger from "Firefly"?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was is Badger? I thought it was the guy from the movie Hostel.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I'm almost positive it was Badger. But without the Cockney accent. I kept expecting someone to hand him a hat.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.