Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » CUBE

Author Topic: CUBE
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a bloody awesome movie - I just saw it.

BLOODY BLOODY AWESOME!

anyone want to chat about it...

one question - I wonder what the guy at the start's function was supposed to be?

Andrew

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Spoiler space added by Krenim)

$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

dunno, but the beginning was my favorite part
Kinda sad that just the one guy made it

------------------
The morbid dog known as shaun lyle...

[This message was edited by Krenim on March 14, 1999.]

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, F***ING GREAT!!! The one movie I've wanted to see for a while, and some asshole newbie goes and spoils the ending!

Get with the program, you self-absorbed f***wit. You don't just come out with that sort of stuff without warning about it. Pull your head out of your ass or I swear to God I'll make you life a misery round here.

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*taps foot*

Excuse me, Lee, nothing, not even spoilers, warrants such a reaction. Watch it.

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...it was a bit inconsiderate.

------------------
"I'll be the sky above the Ganges
I'll be the vast and stormy sea.
I'll be the lights that guide you inward.
I'll be the visions you will see."
--
R.E.M.

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was kind of deliberately 'arty' in a really pretentious and annoying way actually......

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, I've been using these forums, in one form or anoyher, as long as anyone, and
second, threats are even more childish than deliberatly spoiling things

*splut*

------------------
The morbid dog known as shaun lyle...

[This message was edited by DeadCujo on March 14, 1999.]

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually...I just found what I wrote about it right after seeing it...and maybe it wasn't as bad as the above comment might lead one to believe...

Umm...never heard of it until i saw it...no expectations of any kind...it just happened to start at the correct time...It is in essance an 'art' film.
It is interesting...the idea of 'lock people up together and see how they all react' is nothing new to theatre. it has the kind of 'monologue' feel that is usually only found in theatre dialogue. There are some good visual moments...
tension is maintained well acting is middling to good....I was slightly put off by the fact that one of the main characters looked like Bepe from eastenders!!!

Good opening however, nice shocking first cinematic sequence....
not a lot of pace to it however. I did enjoy it, but if i had gone simply for entertainment and had not expected some degree of analysis to be required from me i may have been more dissappointed....

------------------
I'm the Worlds First Fully Functional Homicidal Artist.....

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you all know the maths girl, what was her character's name - is Nicole De Boer - Ezri Dax!

heh heh

------------------
With the first link, a chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all
irrevocably." Capt. Jean-Luc Picard - The Drumhead

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps