Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies Never Made (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies Never Made
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeffery Coombes as Rorchach would indseed be a great casting choice.
He rocks as the scarecrow in Batman the animated series season four.

Personally, I'd kill to see Hyperion made into a 24-esque season/series, with Fall of Hyperion as the second season.
It would take about a season each to really do the novels justice, and I think people could really get into it.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking Hyperion on my way home from work today.

Along with Niven's Lucifer's Hammer or Ringworld (before it fell apart in the later stories. I think Niven's losing his touch...)

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anything Battletech/Mechwarrior/Mechwarrior:Dork Age...

Anime, CGI, CGI~Live Action.... something!

my god, over 30 novels, thousands of Ral Partha Mini's, Clicky Tech...

Fuck, if Gundam is 20 years old and still a item.... why can't folks learn to Love The Black Widow Company/Battalion/Trinary?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... BattleTech been around since, like '84. There's yer twenty years. Gundam, on the other hand, has been around since the mid-seventies. [Wink]

Main problem there is getting a good movie WITHOUT all the mech designs they stole. Most of their own designs kind of suck...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Um... BattleTech been around since, like '84. There's yer twenty years. Gundam, on the other hand, has been around since the mid-seventies. [Wink]

Gundam mostly tells the same tired story over and over again with little or no progress, then starts over....and with ever more unlikely and goofy mech designs (the one with the built-in windmill comes to mind).

Bor-ing.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You people already got Robot Jox, anyway.

Isn't this one of those improbable giant humanoid robot stories? Assuming Cameron ever actually makes it. Then there are those rumors (threats?) about a live-action Eva film.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
Main problem there is getting a good movie WITHOUT all the mech designs they Bought from 20 Century Goods, as unknowningly pirated images. Most of their own designs kind of suck...

--Jonah

your talking about any 3060 or 3067 TRO designs right? yeah, i agree, most of those curvy Pieces of Shit bite... still like MW4's Uziel on principle (Any mech trying to be a Warhammer gets points for effort)and most of the Project Phoenix designs grew on me, after much thought about the intent of the whole idea or reimagining the original line....

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
You people already got Robot Jox, anyway.

Isn't this one of those improbable giant humanoid robot stories? Assuming Cameron ever actually makes it. Then there are those rumors (threats?) about a live-action Eva film.

And Sol. The next time someone pulls your string, make sure its a tampon [Big Grin]

*snorts, cough* Robot Jox, indeed....

i recall reading in Newtype USA a year or more ago some of the developtment prints, story board stuff. looked cool. But it'll never get made. No studio has the balls big enough to make such a movie daring enough to piss off christians...

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Exactly. Half of the names for the whatever things the Eva are/fight seem more geared to provoking Christians than those names having shit to do with the mythology they come from.
....besides, the anime's ending was....beyond shit.

Yet another "trippy" re-start-existance-live-in-harmony-with-the-Earth" kinda thing.

Having felt completely rpped off by the anime's ending, I shudder to think what Hollywood would tack on.

Battle Angel is not a giant robot thing- it's a teenage girl-robot pedophile thing.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Battle Angel is not a giant robot thing- it's a teenage girl-robot pedophile thing."

So, it's Japanese is what you're saying.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

yeah- a 15 year old looking robot girl with a cameltoe showing in most scenes.

Very Japanese.

But I've only watched the first movie so who knows? mabye it developed into a really inteligent storyline.

snicker

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dye his hair a darker color, and Haley Joel Osment could probably be a good Shinji. Scarlett Pomers could be Asuka.

The ending of End of Evangelion frightens and confuses me, though.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to be all down on the source material, but I think filtering it through an American sensibility (which might add, for instance, a comprehensible plot) could actually improve it. Or at least, like, distill it.

Re the "controversial" elements, Evangelion is a riff on Judaism for the most part, not Christianity, and kabbalic Judaism on top of that.

Teh PW
Member # 1203

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
yeah- a 15 year old looking robot girl with a cameltoe showing in most scenes.

Very Japanese.

But I've only watched the first movie so who knows? mabye it developed into a really inteligent storyline.

snicker

well i'm a fan of it, Battle Angel, or Gunmm, for purists. It could better be served as a mini-series or anime (why they never do more over there is beyond me...)

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Orguss, or Dougram...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Not to be all down on the source material, but I think filtering it through an American sensibility (which might add, for instance, a comprehensible plot) could actually improve it. Or at least, like, distill it.

Re the "controversial" elements, Evangelion is a riff on Judaism for the most part, not Christianity, and kabbalic Judaism on top of that.

Sorta-
quote:
Presumably the second Angel is Lilith, the Angel held by NERV deep within terminal Dogma and mistaken by Misato and Kaji for Adam. Little is known about Lilith and where she came from, however, the seventeenth Angel, Kaoru, refers to humans as lilims, implying that Lilith is humanity's mother. The room Lilith resides in deep within terminal Dogma is actually NERV's LCL, Link Connection Liquid, manufacturing plant, it is here that Lilith hangs nailed to a large scarlet cross with the lance of Longinus buried within her chest preventing growth to the lower part of her body. NERV collect the blood that flows from Lilith's body and use it as LCL, this is picked up on by Shinji who frequently comments on the fact that an Eva's entry plug smells of blood.
Definitely gonna upset the Christians there.

The part where Shinji jacks off over the comatose Asuka probably wont survive a MPAA ratings board either! [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps