Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies Never Made (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies Never Made
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you overestimate the degree to which people care, or maybe the degree to which said people matter. Consider how similar toying with Judeo-Christian mythology has failed to prevent The DaVinci Code from apparently being THE GREATEST BOOK EVER OH MAn.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's had it's share of Hollywood idiots hailing it as such.

I think showing a giant one-eyed alien corpse thing with no lower body crucified and bleeding might be a tad much for even them.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lilith had seven eyes, though. And her body didn't just end; it sort of terminated in a gob of marshmallow-like gunk that had body parts sticking out of it. Hollywood would probably show that, though. It not too far off from some stuff in horror films.

What might get yanked if Shinji copping a feel on Rei's breast. Hollywood might be a little antsy about a 15 year feeling up a girl who's carrying part of his dead mother's soul.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That "marshmello gunk" was it trying to regenerate it's lower body (the lance stuck in it kept it from doing so).

Needless to say, I dont think a live-action movie is ever going to happen (and if it did, it would likely look like a cheap Godzilla movie -at best).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, when Rei pulled out the lance, the gunk quivered and then reformed into legs. Legs that need a good couple hours with a Thighmaster.

I agree that the movie will likely get made. It would be really expensive and not a whole of people are familiar with it, and, of those that are, probably half of them equate anime to tentacle monsters raping Japanese school girls. What concerns me more is a live-action Transformers movie.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I'd love to see a live-action/CGI "Transformers" movie. Done right. The one they're making is, I'm sure, going to be awful. Megatron won't even be a gun. And I'll be surprised if they even try to get the (living) original voice actors.
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Personally, I'd love to see a live-action/CGI "Transformers" movie. Done right. The one they're making is, I'm sure, going to be awful. Megatron won't even be a gun. And I'll be surprised if they even try to get the (living) original voice actors.

well some of them ARE deceased, you know...

the one that comes to mind, forgive me that i forget his name, the Black Voice actor famous for 1940's movies work, who was one of the porchse Autobots. I should know this but its been years since ive had any interest in the genre...

Jazz

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.michaelbay.com/

quote:
I KNOW IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I'VE POSTED HERE, SORRY. I WANT TO TELL EVERYONE MY NEXT MOVIE IS TRANSFORMERS!!! I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT IT. WE HAVE BEEN DRAWING FOR NINE MONTHS. THE ALIEN ROBOTS ARE AWESOME.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Sigh...Dreamworks has already announced that Megatron will not transform into a gun.

They're worried about either the negative "gun image" or not being able to sell gun toys to kids or both.

For really cool ooking G-1 Transformers, check out the Beast wars episode where they all go back in time ro the Ark- that was cool.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This thing wasn't built -- it was poured!"

"Die-cast construction. It's a lost art."

ZING!

For the record, the entire series was back in time. They just found the Ark after it crashed, but before the volcano erupted and woke up Teletran.

Megatron as a tank would work for me, as long as it's a kickass non-purple tank... I've been re-writing the original cartoon pilot, un-cheesifying the dialogue, getting everyone to sound right according to what their personalities were later more solidly established as, and adding a passel of later characters for the early stuff on Cybertron -- those who get left behind, like Springer, Blurr, Elita-One, and Ultra Magnus.

I hate to say it, but from what I've seen of the movie in the works, I hope it dies stillborn. Then maybe I'll have a shot at seeing this one go through...

And anyone besides Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime would kill it for me right off. And for the record, here's the list of v/a casualties, off the top of my head:

Orson Welles
Chris Latta
Robert Stack
Lionel Stander
Scatman Crothers
Roger C. Carmel
Don Messick

I'm pretty sure others have passed, but these are all I can remember at the moment. Personally, I'd love to get Mark Hamill in to be the new Starscream.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"well some of them ARE deceased, you know..."

And just what did you think I meant by the word "living"?

"And anyone besides Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime would kill it for me right off."

If they couldn't get him, I'd be happy with Gary Chalk. After all, at this point, he's been various Optimuses for far longer than Cullen ever was. Though, of course, Cullen would be first choice.

And I can't imagine why they wouldn't be able to get Frank Welker. He's in everything else.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even Neil Kaplan would rather have Peter. I met him at BotCon a few years back, along with Michael McConnohie. Wonderful guys. Peter Cullen was the reason Neil got into voice acting, and he can do a closer Prime than anyone I've ever heard. But even he would rather take Ironhide if it meant having the big guy back where he belongs. *heh*

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Judd Nelson is pretty available...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

Loved him as Rodimus. Far too brief a payoff, that.

--Jonah

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

(Double post.)

--------------------

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps