Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » I want to scream and punch

Author Topic: I want to scream and punch
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Is there ANY way we can still persuade George Lucas to cut Jar Jar from the movie? Please tell me! (hey, and you thought ewoks were bad)

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the second or third time, PLEASE SEE THE MOVIE FIRST BEFORE JUDGING IT!

Thank you.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"
Rollbar: "That's the best offer we've had all day..."

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RW: At this point in time, I'd say no way in hell.

However, the clips they showed on the 60 Minutes interview looked good, so I'd say that there's still hope that he won't be a phenominal embarassment. =]

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Shadow, **** you. I can see how a character behaves from a preview. I can see how stupid the character is, and even if for the rest of the movie he behaves normally, which I doubt, these AWFUL CHILDISH SCENES can't be ignored. I knew someone would be stupid enough to say this. I ask you: think before you judge me.

RW
Member # 27

And before you ask, yes, I am angry.

RW
Member # 27

And I was not judging the movie goddamnit, I was judging that **** awful character of Jar ****ing Jar. So.

[This message was edited by RW on April 04, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I find a bit of negativity refreshing in this sickly sweet atmosphere of Star Wars that's cropping up.

Oh well, it's off to Taco Bell for my official Gui-Qon Movie Scene Cup.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*is concerned by RW's over-reactions*

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RW, he's been in an aggregate total of about two seconds in the previews. If you can judge the character from those two seconds, I'd think that you're either nuts or should be working as a psychologist or something.

------------------
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone else see the comment by Lucas that The Phantom Menace was going to be the funniest of the SW films? If Jar Jar is supposed to represent the type of humor we can expect in the film...

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
- "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."
- "For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain."

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funniest? *shudder*

RW has every right to feel whatever he wants to feel about this movie. Perhaps some people should review their own belief that the film will be God's greatest gift to His Creation.

------------------
"The record of my unspeakable crimes, in previous lives, in previous times, indelibly stains the pages of history."
--
They Might Be Giants

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

As far as I'm concerned, this is a movie that no one has seen yet, so there's no point in forming any opinions...

------------------

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Shadow. And I think RW is over-reacting

------------------
"Those that can, do. Those that can't, laugh at those who can do."

- Xander from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps