Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Opening Day Hype

Author Topic: Opening Day Hype
Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard today that there are tour groups being organized outside of the United States for the express purpose of flying to America, standing in line, and seeing SW:TPM on opening day.

This has gone much, much too far.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. That's way too overboard for me.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

LB4747
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find the whole thing amusing. Then again, it's not my money their spending. And just what guarantee do any of these people have of seeing the film opening day?

------------------
Lawrence Boucher
"Written @ the speed of thought"

IP: Logged
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People have already started lining up for the Premier in Hollywood, a MONTH ahead of the day... They said that they take 4hr shifts standing in line.

I say that they need help, LOTS of help...

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yes, I've known about this for months. I think the head of the IT DEpartment was thinking of doing something like that. And he calls ME sad for having an SW desktop image. . .
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it is scary...

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.