Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Questions ($$$)

Author Topic: Questions ($$$)
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Does the Star Wars Saga really start at the new movie? I mean, did George Lucas wrote the story for Ep 1 long ago as Part 1 of his six part saga? I mean, I heard something about the entire saga starting when Anakin Skywalker was lured to the Dark Side. Other than that, I know nothing more.

2) Is there a site which has an unofficial Timeline? I mean, a chronology of events in the Star Wars series? I'd like to read up on this, I can't wait to see the movie.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1) Lucas had some of the major events planned out beforehand, but not the entire plot.

2) Er, do you mean a timeline of just the movies, or the books, comics, etc.? If the latter, you really won't need to be familiar with them for the movie.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Robot: "Hey, I'm stuck up here!"
Cyclonus: "Everybody's got to be somewhere."

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the story was originally supposed to be a 9-part saga, a trilogy of trilogies, but Lucas said that he was getting too old for making movies, and currently plans on only having the 6... =<

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The official site (starwars.com) did at one time have a timeline that incorporated the books and comics. But since that timeline used the books and comics nothing from the next movies was there, or will be there until the completion of each movie. As "non-canon" sources where used on the official website, I suppose they can be considered true events, having Lucus's blessing. Otherwise they wouldn't be included right?

It's a big universe. There is plenty of room for all those stories to exists.

------------------
What do you mean I'm not kind. Just not you're kind.
--Dave Mustaine
"Peace Sells"
MEGADETH

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Star Wars book: 'Essential Guide to Vehicels and Vessels' has a small timeline, which is pretty acurate. The other books in the 'Essential Guide' series probably have a timeline too.

------------------
"Those that can, do. Those that can't, laugh at those who can do."

- Xander from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I am asking is this:

Where does George Lucas' original story begin. A friend of mine said that it all started when Anakin Skywalker was seduced into the Dark Side.

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know the story begins where 'Star Wars I: The Phantom Menace' begins.

------------------
"Those that can, do. Those that can't, laugh at those who can do."

- Xander from 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Star Wars cannon goes:

The films are 100% cannon
The books and comics are cannon, as long as they don't contradict themselves or the films.

The books have been written pretty carefully not to conflict, so unless there are any major discrepancies with the films ('Unbeknown to many, Annakin Skywalker was originally called Anna, and entertained the crowds with her strip-act in amny a tattoine Catina') they remain cannonical, especially now Lucas isn't gonna contradict them with eps 7-9.

BTW Lucus has said he didn't really have a specific story in mind for the final 3. He had some ideas (setting up the New Republic, Setting upa new Generation of Jedi Knights, Luke possibly turning to the dark-side) but it was more a case of the final 3 being there if he wanted them. They were never pivotal to the overall story, which is basically Annakin Skywalker's fall from grace, and his eventual redemption.

------------------
'My rigid grill structure...'
-Dinobot

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The movies, radio plays, etc. are canon. The books, comics, etc. are official, not canon. In general, the comics are very good, and the books are trash (except the Zahn and Stackpole ones).

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Quintesson: "You are the Autobot named Kup. You are Cybertron's chief of security."
Kup: "Nah, my name's Teaspoon, and I'm Cybertron's chief dishwasher."

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.