Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Color of Sandtrooper's Shoulder Pads (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Color of Sandtrooper's Shoulder Pads
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the Star Wars Visual Dictionary:

“Officers in field units may wear coloured shoulder pauldrons as high-visibility rank indicators.”

“Squad leaders, who lead units of seven troopers, wear orange shoulder pauldrons.”

What is a "pauldron" anyway? I have no definition anywhere.

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:

Aren't you British anyway, Akabay? (And isn't there something easier we can call you? That name doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.)

Yes I am British - well spotted! And what's wrong with my name? Why is it not "easy"? What would you call me?

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's the shoulder thingy they wear.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pauldron \Paul"dron\, n. [See Powldron.] (Mil. Antiq.) A piece of armor covering the shoulder at the junction of the body piece and arm piece.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's something about the pauldrons.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/insignia/stormtrooper.html

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Alan, there were several cunning clues which led me to deduce that you are British. The first was that you keep spelling "colour" correctly. The second was that your location in your profile is listed as being "Nottingham, England". And I don't think we need a third.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I pronounce color as "keller".

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/insignia/stormtrooper.html
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aethelwer! You're back!
I think a little interrogation is in order...

--------------------
Meh

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never left. [Wink]
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look up, way up, and I'll call Rusty.

Or, I'll call the SWTC.

Or, I'll call the link in Spike's post three above yours.

[ January 05, 2002: Message edited by: Ultra Magnus ]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps