Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » I just saw Episode 1 on Fox tonight. $$$$$$$$$

Author Topic: I just saw Episode 1 on Fox tonight. $$$$$$$$$
MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was ok. I can see why people are pissed though......kind of. I hear alot of complaining about the annoying Jar-Jar scenes. Yes, they are very annoying and irritating, but at least there were few annoying Jar-Jar scenes. This could be the result of Fox cutting them to make way for the commercials, or the fact that I've missed the first half-hour of EP1, or both.

Overall, it was ok. The battles were cool, but unlike the first 3 Star Wars movies, I got this feeling that this Star Wars movie was deliberately made for 6-year olds.

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was the first time you'd seen (as I'm sure Mim calls it) Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace: Televised Edition?

Seriously, it was released like what, 2 and a half years ago and you just saw it ... ?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I just saw it. I was unwilling to stand in line for a month to see it at the theaters and bad reviews left me reluctant to spend money to rent it.
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you, MIB.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simon wishes he could be as un-mainstream.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't see The Phantom Menace in the theaters, either. I didn't really care much too. I still wouldn't have seen it to this day except my boss invited a lot of us to her apartment for a Phantom Menace-themed party. Hey, it was free food and my friends were gonna be there. If it hadn't have been for that party, I wouldn't have seen it to this day. After all, Junkyard Megawars was showing on The Learning Channel at the same time. I had to watch that.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was the only person in Ireland to watch The Phantom Menace 5 times. Probably. 'Twas good shtuff, so 'twas.

It just occurred to me that I haven't noticed Jar Jar Binks in any of the trailers for Episode 2. Does anyone know if Lucas kept his promise to have the inane moron in the film?

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Jernau Morat Gurgeh ]

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In credibly Minor Episode 2 spoilers ahead:
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
You can see him briefly in the "Forbidden Love" trailer on the Star Wars site. I believe he is serving as the Gungan Senator in Episode 2. So, yes...he's in it.

[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Uh, some of that qualifies as spoilers on Ep II, guys. Lets be more careful (one would not expect Ep II spoilers in a thread about TPM anymore then they would expect it in a thread about ROTJ).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edited.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fair enough, point taken, Jeff.
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
I saw the Gungan Ambassador, and it does look like Jar Jar, but he seems remarkably well-behaved. It has been several years, I suppose, maybe he's a bit older and wiser, in which case his presence may not bother me too much.

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Jernau Morat Gurgeh ]

--------------------
"Out of doubt, out of dark to the day's rising
I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
To hope's end I rode and to heart's breaking:
Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!"

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*continued really really minor spoilers because people who think that trailers are spoilers are possibly taking it just a natch too far*

(Ha!)

You can also see him briefly in "Mystery". But he's not focussed on in any of the trailers. For that matter, the clones are hardly made a big deal off either. We see a load of them marching onto a ship, and a call centre full of them, but that's it.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, for people who are *avoiding* the trailers, they can be spoilers. I'm not saying I'm avoiding them, but I didn't know Jar-Jar was a senator until Abane's post.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps