Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » New threat in Star Wars (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New threat in Star Wars
Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone read the new species in Star Wars. I don't know the name of them, but they are like the Vidians from Voyager. They use organic ships and are totally deviod of the Force?

I found out today that they took Courscant, killed Chewie, killed Anakin Solo, and so on. They are doing a pretty good job of destroying the galaxy so far.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er. . . buh? You know, the so-called internet-aware generation is growing up seriously lacking in elementary communication skills.

quote:
Has anyone read the new species in Star Wars.
Well, you know, I like a nice genome to read on the train to work in the morning, but so far I've only got up to their big toe.

quote:
I don't know the name of them, but they are like the Vidians from Voyager.
OK, no real problems here.

quote:
They use organic ships and are totally deviod of the Force?
I could point out the Vidians didn't use organic ships, but that would be nixpicking. Unless you didn't mean them but Species 8742. As for 'deviod of the Force' I know what you mean, but it's very funny nonetheless. But why the question mark? Are you finally rounding up the question you mean to ask, or are you uncertain whether they a) use organic ships, or are b) totally deviod of the Force?

quote:
I found out today that they took Courscant,
I just saw the news, but must have missed that report. Or is Courscant some designer drug or something?

quote:
killed Chewie,
Oh my God! They killed Chewie! You bastards!

quote:
killed Anakin Solo,
I'm not up on all the lore of Star Wars, so either Anakin Solo is some relative of Han Solo and/or Leia Organa, or he was just someone who was killed solo, alone. Like Captain Kirk.

quote:
and so on.
As if that wasn't enough.

quote:
They are doing a pretty good job of destroying the galaxy so far.
Sure puts entropy and the Heat Death in their places, I guess.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A) They're called the Yuzaan Vong.

B) This thread should have New Jedi Order spoiler warnings.

C) Anakin Solo is Han and Leia's youngest kid. Quite force-adept, obviously. Also quite dead.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, what did they expect? "Son, we named you after your grandpa, he tortured your mum and killed countless millions of people, but said sorry just before he died so that's all right?" Christ, what else, did they insist he name his first hover-tricycle the "Titanic" as well?

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon poet, you seem quite tense today. Something wrong?

--------------------
Meh

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<sybok>Behold.... the Great Barrier</sybok>

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think
<sybok>Your pain runs deep.. share it with me</sybok>is more appropo

[ April 24, 2002, 19:59: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but you wouldn't point at Lee and say that.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
Member # 393

Too right.

--------------------

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's all about the bollocks, and never mind the stragglers.

"Yuzhaan Vong"
They used up all the Starwarish names and started picking Vietnamese beaches?

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/yuuzhanvong/index.html

I know it's judgemental, but these people are a perfect blend of the Jem'Hadar, the B5-Shadows and the Species 8472, literally and physically. They come from another galaxy than the SW-one, brand the inhabitants (The New Republic) "infidels" and will now proceed with the usual cleansing.

This is just what messed up TNG, DS9 and Voyager. An unbeatable, resourceless foe that is the perfect opposite to goodness.
Get a nanoprobe-torpedo or an ancient book of Holy Hell and they are toast.

Let me guess, Luke's babies will find an ancient, buried artifact that kills all Ho-Chi-Vongs in sight, instantly?

*sigh* *burp*

I just needed venting, I'll be nice now. I'm sure them Vongs have several special features, I've never seen self-mutilation in neither Trek nor Babs. Sounds nasty.

[ April 25, 2002, 07:02: Message edited by: Nim Pim ]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I meant by Vidians was that they take pieces of flesh from other speicies and even bio-engineered body parts to fit their god. The Vidians do a similar way that they take body parts but to cure a disease.

This species is totally deviod of the Force and they don't like the Jedi for some reason.

Anakin Solo is the youngest out of the Solo family named after Anakin Skywalker. If you need to know who Anakin Skywalker is, he is Darth Vader. Do you want to knwo who Darth Vader is too?

I guess they needed a new species since a little before, the Galactic Empire signed a peace treaty, so more Good vs. Evil between them. Now its Evil/Good vs. Evil.

When I said I just found out, I meant I read it today. No need to be so anal about it.

Oh, and by the way, I never knew that coming here I would constantly tested by the appearent English majors.

[ April 25, 2002, 15:40: Message edited by: Matrix ]

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Do you want to knwo who Darth Vadrer is too?"

No, I don't knwo who the fuck Darth Vadrer is. I'd like to know, because in a search, I get a crazy ass Venezualean site or some shit like that. In fact, I've never even heard of a Darth Vadrer, ever.

Jesus Christ. They guy berates you in the first post of this thread about your complete incoherence, and you don't even think to even try in your next post. Effort?

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

Happy? I can't believe people are so picky on apparent typos...

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

Lee
Member # 393

*composes end-of-term report for Matrix's parents*

Matrix continues to disappoint. His grasp of the English language goes from bad to worse. He continually repeats mistakes which have been previously drawn to his attention, such as 'deviod.' Worse, he uses his knowledge of trivialities in ill-fated attempts to suggest some sort of intellectual superiority, and when challenged is apt to lash out with accusations that his perceived detractors are being 'anal.' If he does not show significant improvement in the next term, you should consider enrolling him in the TrekBBS School for Special Needs Children.

Overall Grade for this Term: D+

--------------------

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

Vogon Poet I bow to your obvious intellilect superiority of Star Trek and Star Wars over me. I guess I must get a life since I am no longer reigning champion of Star Trek and Stars Wars. Thanks Vogon, for that post you made.

I will forever change my life to make sure that everything I type and write will be grammically correct and typo free.

--------------------
Matrix
If you say so
If you want so
Then do so

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps