Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Undying love for Star Wars

Author Topic: Undying love for Star Wars
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be frank: I love Star Wars, almost to an obsession. I don't think Lucas can make a mistake. I loved Episode I, and I liked Jar Jar. I don't understand all these people who complain about things in the movies. "Jar Jar sucks." "Attack of the Clones? What a dumb name."

Heathens and blasphlemers all. Accept Star Wars for what it is, instead of what you think it should be.

Oh yeah, and buy your tickets ahead of time [Smile] I will be there opening night waiting in line [Smile] Anyone else with me?

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I saw the Special Edition at the Uptown in DC. I can catch Ep 2 on Monday.

I hear ya' for the rest. Maybe not the Jar-Jar bit.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salon's aren't always for the hair. But, anyway.

Star Wars is okay. Not worth obsessing over, though. Niether is Star Trek. Quantum Leap, maybe.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best. Article. Ever.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is a great article. salon has some other good star wars articles, too.

--jacob

IP: Logged
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this mean Dianetics(sp) isn't a religion too?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, I think that article has alot of truth to it. I've never believed that Star Wars was deep as some people would have you believe. Sure...there are classic elements there from mythology, religion, etc. But, in my experience...it's far easier to take a success and give it meaning it never had than it is to write something with tons of meaning and make it a success.

That said...Star Wars is pretty cool. It's a nice story...it's lots of fun...the expanded universe and various media it covers is a great creative outlet.

It is what it is. I'm not putting "Force Practioner" down as my religion on the census, though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Raises hand*

With you all the way Raven.

Well, almost. TPM was so obviously targeted at a younger audience... very disappointing, a little too bright and "happy" for my taste.

I have high hopes for AOTC, however. Judging from what I've seen so far, the movie comes close to TESB in terms of atmosphere and darkness. It also has a far more serious tone to it... I think that's the main reason why TESB is widely considered the best of the original trilogy.

Great article btw.

[ May 10, 2002, 12:24: Message edited by: Cartman ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that and Lucas didn't write or direct it.
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else see the SW book display in stores with the Yoda standing there with his lightsabre. I don't think I've seen anything that funny in a while.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Jeff implying that I love Star Wars, almost to an obsession?
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes?
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more day... one more day...

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps