Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » What will we see in Ep III? $$$ for Ep 2 $$$ (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What will we see in Ep III? $$$ for Ep 2 $$$
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
* Obi-Wan won't know Amidala has twins -- this means he won't be present for the birth. This is evidenced by his lack of knowledge that "there is another" hope for the galaxy if Luke fails in ESB. Presumeably, Yoda fills him in on some details between ESB and ROTJ.

* ^ Who keeps the truth from Obi-Wan? I bet Bail Organa has a role in it -- assuming Palpatine's Jedi purge is in rapid effect by this point, Organa probably wants to keep as few people from knowing how many actual Jedi offspring are around the galaxy (since the Emperor would no doubt want to remove them).

* The Senate won't be disbanded. Assuming we see that far into the creation of the Empire. We know that the Senate doesn't get disbanded until ANH -- "the last vestiges of the Old Republic have been swept away."

* I hope we get to see a young Tarkin. He wields considerable power in ANH -- he has authority over Darth Vader. Why does he have such power? Who is he? Details! Details!

* Anakin as a pilot. We've had some foreshadowing -- the pod race, flying the Naboo fighter, the Coruscant chase -- but we'll see him I'm sure as a dedicated Jedi fighter pilot during Episode III.

* What happens to Dooku? I think he might pursue Yoda to Dagobah, and Yoda's killing of him will give the "Magic Tree" it's force "awareness."

* Why does Darth Vader need his life-support gear? Is he Darth Vader or Anakin Skywalker when he confronts Obi-Wan over the pit of lava? Will we actually see him in the life-support gear at movie's end ... or just a sinister foreshadowing? Wooosh-shooooooosh from the shadows or something ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Kenobi might have known of Leia's origins, but just didn't think of her as another hope in the manner that Yoda did.

In general, remember that most stuff (especially as far as Star Wars is concerned) should be interpreted as liberally as possible so that nobody needs to throw a fit when their strictly-held conceptions are contradicted. [Smile]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know that Obi Wan serves under Bail Organa in the Clone Wars, so we'll probably see both Obi and Anakin involved in Clone War campaigns under the general command of Organa (incedently making it pretty easy to slip Leia to him eventually).

As far as the Jedi purge goes, I thinking it'll be something like: Jedi have been mysteriously dying at an alarming rate. It would make a good part of the opening crawl and then have part of the movie revolve around the discovery that they are being targeted.

I firmly believe that we'll see Tarkin in Ep III. He was supposedly heavily involved with the construction of the Death Star, and since we know that planning for that is already under way, I'm hoping we get a young Tarkin.

My guess is that Palpatine will be declared Emperor by the end of the movie having wrapped up the Clone Wars and coming off rather well. It wouldn't make a whole lot of sense for Ep III to end without Palpatine being Emperor and then Ep IV to start with "The Emperor" being mentioned.

I think we'll see some kind of climactic battle with Anakin and Obi Wan after it is revealed that Anakin has had a hand in killing some Jedi. Whatever happens, it will lead to Anakin being badly injured.

I think the movie will end with Padme having given birth, Leia being placed with Organa, and Yoda and Obi Wan heading for Dagobah with Luke to drop Yoda off before going to Tatooine. This might explain why Luke seems to think Dagobah is familiar in "Empire". There may be an incedent where Anakin believes his pregnant wife has been killed...something arranged by Obi Wan and Organa so Anakin won't know he has kids. The only reason I say this is because I don't know how in the world they're going to have Padme far enough along that she can give birth during the movie and not have Anakin know about it.

I have this image of the last scene of the movie being with the newly installed Emperor Palpatine speaking with an Imperial official (perhaps Tarkin) and saying something like "I'd like to introduce you to my apprentice, Darth Vader." A door opens, Vader turns around in full life support gear which we're seeing for the first time, and James Earl Jones says, "What is thy bidding, my master?" Roll end credits.

Let me be clear...I'm not basing this on anything. This is just me theorizing.

[ May 21, 2002, 05:46: Message edited by: Aban Rune ]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since Naboo is never mentioned in the last three episodes, I'd like to think that the Death Star was built and used to blow Naboo, Padme, Anni, and Jar-Jar for target practice. It would also creatively explain why in the later episodes Anni has a life-support suit.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The idea that Palpatine destroyed Naboo to help conceal his past isn't really all that far fetched. It wouldn't surprise me.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt we will see the Death Star in Episode III. It's too far in the past for it to be built, and the Rebels are just learning about it in ANH.

--------------------
Meh

Matrix
AMEAN McAvoy
Member # 376

- posted      Profile for Matrix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is already known there will be a final duel between Obi-wan and Anakin that leads to Anakin losing the battle and requiring the Darth Vader outfit.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Yes, but I'm pretty sure that Anakin will have become Vader before needing the suit. It will most likely be revealed that he has been helping to kill Jedi throughout the third movie and he'll show up in his black Sith outfit, calling himself Vader for his duel with Obi Wan.

Just a guess, but I think it would be neat.

And no, I don't think we'll see the Death Star either. It may not even be mentioned again in the third one. It obviously going to be kept a pretty well guarded secret until ANH. So none of the Jedi are likely to know about it...at least none that survive.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we might see it beginning construction.

Of course, this would mean that the Emperor began construction of the Death Star II shortly thereafter.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It is already known there will be a final duel between Obi-wan and Anakin that leads to Anakin losing the battle and requiring the Darth Vader outfit."

And how is this "known"?

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Why build one, when you can have two for twice the price?"

I believe construction of the DS II didn't commence until a few months after ANH. A bigger and better Destruct-O-Matic device was needed to replace its predecessor. It is OTOH not inconceivable that the Emperor would want a "backup" early during the R&D&C process.

But since we don't know exactly *when* E3 will take place, the first Death Star might still be nothing more than a gleam in the Big Cheese's eyes.

[ May 23, 2002, 01:58: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The duel between Obi Wan and Anakin comes from expanded universe stuff, I believe. Also from EU sources, after the destruction of the first Death Star, the next show of force that the Emperor had contructed was the first Super Star Destroyer.

I'm trying not to rely too heavily on EU info for my speculation about the third movie...but I'm assuming that some things will at least be kept in mind. A duel between master and treacherous student seems fairly likely.

My guess is that the Death Star 2 was begun shortly after the first successful tests of the first one. Since we're seeing that it apparently took 20 some years to build the first one from scratch, it stands to reason that the second one took almost as long.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1.It clearly indicates in Book form of ROTJ that Obi-Wan and Skywalker fought and Obi-Wan pushed Annie into a pit of molten lava.
2.It clearly indicates in the Book form of ROTJ that Obi-Wan hid both Leia and her mother on Alderan with Bail Organa.
3.We should learn why Obi-Wan and Yoda disappeared upon death whereas none of the other jedi's have thus far.
4.We should see a young Han as Harrison Ford has signed an agreement to allow a different actor to portray his likeness.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1). Actually, Obi-Wan's statements are rather ambiguous and figurative:

quote:

"We fought... your father fell into a molten pit. When your father clawed his way out of that fiery pool, the change had been burned into him forever --- he was Darth Vader, without a trace of Anakin Skywalker. Irredeemably dark. Scarred. Kept alive only by machinery and his own black will... "

How much of that can be taken literally is anyone's guess, but clearly not everything...

[ May 23, 2002, 10:02: Message edited by: Cartman ]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Since we're seeing that it apparently took 20 some years to build the first one from scratch"

Not necessarily...there were probably other priorities besides building the Death Star..

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps