Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » X-Wing Alliance starfighter "mod" files?

Author Topic: X-Wing Alliance starfighter "mod" files?
akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just bought X-wing Alliance and I remember (many years ago) some of my friends talking about E-wing "mods" (not sure if that's right) that allowed them to fly the E-wing and also the latest X-wing - the X-wing XJ - and many others including the K-wing, the Clutch, and so on.

I've looked on the WWW but can't find anything that I can work with - I'm not very technical and the things I've downloaded just won't work: I end up flying a really slow and invisible ISD!

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it.

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shouldn't this be in "Star Wars", since Star Wars has its own forum? Silly AKB ... [Smile]

Did you try www.gameplanet.com?

akb1979
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, but, but!

We had the "PC Games" thread in here . . . didn't we? [Confused]

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* Donut.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like donuts too. They have them at Jim's store.
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread probably does belong in the Star Wars forum. Don't worry, akb1979, it'll still get read over there.

And, I finally get to use my mad mod skillz.

::hands off the thread to Nim Pim::

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that you either downloaded the wrong file, or accidentally replaced an original that you shouldn't have [Smile]

(Flying a cloaked ISD -- hmm)

akb1979
Member # 557

Either that or it was too big to be shown on the screen.

So, anyone got any suggestions for me as to where to look for mods and whatnot?

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. There's a site out there that's going through the process of updating every single ship in Alliance to modern graphic levels (for some reason, the engine can handle models of far higher detail than those used). They are also adding models, so that the ISD I and II's will have different models, and Darth's TIE Fighter from ANH will be in there. I'm pretty sure they are adding E-Wing's too.

Not that this is any help, since the bookmark is on my other computer. I'll tell you Tuesday. But the site is X-Wing Alliance Upgrade, if you want to have a look.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But the site is X-Wing Alliance Upgrade, if you want to have a look."

Ph34r mY l33t g00gl3 sk1llz!!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.xwingalliance.net/

The mother of the XWA-sites, just to be on the safe side. It has many good links, as well.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps