Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » That trailer.. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: That trailer..
RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

first impression: a nice movie, but it's not exactly star wars..

More impressions:

-Natalie Portman can't act anymore

-I hate the cutesy dinosaur character

-Those underwater scenes look cheesy

-I love the naboo fighter exploding

-Darth Maul looks like a fun fair freak.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, I find it hard to believe you could derive this all from a two-minute trailer.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Megatron: "As you should know by now, Megatron is very hard to kill!"

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Of course, it's just a temporary impression.

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two minutes, thirty seconds! =)

Actually, I liked it, but it was more concerned with special effects than storyline, but I guess that's okay.

You haven't seen it until you get the 25Mb version though!

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved both trailers, and I can't wait for the real thing. Only 2 months, 7 days remaining...

------------------
Ah... Now I enter these hallowed halls a conqueror... Yes...

-Megatron, "The Agenda, Part Three"

Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care what anybody thinks, this is going to be the best movie in a LONG time....
IP: Logged
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Mr Pedro has hit the nail on the head. When it comes down to straight entertainment, this should be a great movie.

------------------
I drink therefore I am.

-Descartes

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*has had Imperial March stuck in head since seeing it*

------------------
"Okay, so I'm not "SANE" so to speak, but uh... I'm the lovable kind of psycho"
http://solareclipse.net/

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. I still say Dogma will be the best movie of '99.

But regarding Star Wars, I am almost tempted to go see Wing Commander this weekend. After all, I was ready and willing to suffer through all twelve hours of Meet Joe Black for the first trailer. (Luckily that show was sold out, and I got to see the trailer attached to the more entertaining Enemy of the State.)

------------------
"I'll be the sky above the Ganges
I'll be the vast and stormy sea.
I'll be the lights that guide you inward.
I'll be the visions you will see."
--
R.E.M.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a problem with what I have seen of the movie so far in the trailers. Is there anything in there that is NOT SFX?! I mean, EVERYTHING is SFX! Except for Obi Wann and and Anikan, etc, its all CGI! And its pissing me off. I mean, Episodes IV - VI were good with their FX, but they didn't have to overload every scene with them. With Episode I, you can't have an scene without FX. The movie just looks so 'fake' in that there is nothing real, or tangible about it. Oh well, thats my opinion

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, you haven't seen the movie yet. They're showing the CGI because it's eye-catching and looks nifty. You don't want to bore people with a movie trailer.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Megatron: "As you should know by now, Megatron is very hard to kill!"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must agree with 359...the CGI aspect is really bothering me. I, of course am waiting for the movie...and hoping the things that really bug me most are just that way because of the resolution of my computer screen.

*assumes his usual wait and see stance*

------------------
Calvin: Reality continues to ruin my life.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to adopt the same wait and see stance as Jay. The movie looks good and all, but the trailer shows so much CGI that I'm worried the film may be dominated by it.

------------------
"Some people call me the Space Cowboy. Yeah! Some call me the Gangster of Love. Some people call me Maurice. Whoo hoo! 'Cause I speak of the Pompatus of Love!" - Steve Miller Band's The Joker

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...this IS Star Wars, after all. It's going to be an effects driven movie.

------------------
"I'll be the sky above the Ganges
I'll be the vast and stormy sea.
I'll be the lights that guide you inward.
I'll be the visions you will see."
--
R.E.M.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've read somewhere that Star Wars 1 is going to set a new record for the amount of SFX in a motion picture.
Speculations are around twice to five times the amount of SFX than the current #1 (which is Titanic, I believe).

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.