Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Master Sifo Dias (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Master Sifo Dias
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone found out who he was yet?

He was supposedly on the council roughly 10 years before the events of AotC. He wasn't there during the events of TPM - so either he was there a little before TPM or after. There are only two council members who are not there who were in TPM, Yaddle and Yareel Poof I think.

One would assume it was either a 'lost 20' or something to do with Sidious. Surely the council would have recognised him looking like Palpatine?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think he had anything to do with the clone army. IIRC Kenobi said that Sifo-Dyas was dead when the army was ordered. Dooku probably just used his name to hide his identity.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, OK. So he just rocked on up to Kamino and said he was a Jedi - Sifo Dyas. They check up if there is s Sifo Dyas? If he was dead - that wouldn't have gelled. Why would he have needed to make up a name anyway? He could have just called himself anything. And if he needed to use a Jedi name to cover his tracks - why someone who was dead? Why not just call himself Plo Koon or Yareel Poof or Ki Adi Mundi or something?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This might be bleedingly obvious to everyone else, but doesn't his name sound similar to a juxtaposition of the name Darth Sidious?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fits el-neato in his Grand Scheme of things.
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except that other Jedi knew who Sifo-Dias was, and apparently, the circumstances of his demise. So while someone may have taken his identity after his death to order the clones, it seems to me that Sifo-Dias and Sidious/Palpatine are not the same.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing that the identity of Sifo-Dyas and the circumstances under which he became one with the Force will be a major revelation in the third movie.

I'm guessing, believe it or not, that Qui Gonn had something to do with the whole thing. Remember Dooku's line to Kenobi about Qui Gonn going along with what he was doing? I don't think that was all false. I think Qui Gonn was acting under orders from Dooku shortly before Episode 1 and had something to do with impersonating Sifo-Dyas. I doubt he actually killed him... but probably put the pieces together when Sifo-Dyas suddenly turned up dead.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think Qui-Gon was involved at all. I don't trust Dooku's dialogue to Obi-Wan as anything but a lie on Dooku's part, especially since Dooku was, well, lying.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he was lying about some of it... but he did tell Obi Wan that there was a Sith Lord in control of the Senate. Which is true.

I think that Dooku has his own agenda and I don't think he's fully committed to helping Palpatine like Maul was. I also think that Dooku will meet his death (and the Clone Wars will end) at the hand of Palpatine's new apprentice, Vader.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you imply a plan where none exists. I don't think Lucas has constructed a cohesive story plan beyond the painfully obvious. I would bet money we never hear of Sifo-Dyas again.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rather thought that Sifo-Dias tied in somehow with the Jedi Library records being erased.

Lucas has apparantly changed his mind about Dias's role during the makeing of the film since in the novelisation (and presumably earlier drafts of the script) neither Kenobi nor the Council had ever heard of a Jedi named Sifo-Dias.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

One of the big reasons I think we'll see Qui Gonn pop back up into the thick of things somehow is because they stuck Qui Gonn's voice into Yoda's awareness of Anakin at the Tusken camp. The novelization of the movie played this up even more saying that Yoda was disturbed at the clarity with which he was able to distinguish Qui Gonn's personality.

Just a guess. But I think it would be a cool twist.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OnToMars:
I think you imply a plan where none exists. I don't think Lucas has constructed a cohesive story plan beyond the painfully obvious. I would bet money we never hear of Sifo-Dyas again.

I don't believe that. While obviously Lucas' statements that he had all of this prequel business planned out in his head from the beginning are to be strongly questioned, there's probably SOME small measure of truth to them. I think he's obviously got some sort of at least rough plan for how the story goes.

Personally, I don't even see how it's possible to write scripts for three movies and two prequels concerning a number of the same characters and *not* be thinking about what might happen in the next chapter. I wouldn't be able to do it. I'd constantly be thinking about (or at least generating ideas for) what I'd write next.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dooku enters office of Kamino Kloning Koncerns

*dingeling*

Cloner Attendant: May I help you?

Padawan Dooku Tortfeiser: Yes, can I get ten clone brigades with training and gear?

CA: Certainly, may I ask for what purpose?

D: Um, peacekeeping. Mainly.

CA: I see. *enters data into pad* Law enforcement
a bit lazy in your system?

D: Yes, bunch of tenderfoots.

CA: And who is the receiver?

D: The Jedi order, Coruscant office.

CA: And have we brought a prototype?

D: We do indeed, here's the plum. *shows photo-op
of Jango Fett, aiming blasters akimbo at camera*

CA: Well he looks sturdy enough.

D: Doesn't he?

CA: Will you require transports and deployment
vehichles?

D: I've outsourced that beforehand, thank you.

CA: Just as well, it's not really our fort�.

D: *gazes through window* I gathered as much.

CA: Well then, that will be thirty trillion of your republic credits, if they will do.

D: No, they won't.

CA: You're from the central systems, aren't you? I thought republic credits would do fine.

D: No, they won't! But I DO have five Tecaliters of Geonosian rocksalt, flaked, not ground. Goes well with the Kaminoan mopsa-salmon, I hear.

CA: It does indeed! I thought the geonosians were rather xenophobic about their precious salt-trading?

D: I have my sources. I've got some samples in my ship.

CA: That will be quite satisfactory. And will the invoice and registrations be sent to 415 Jedi Temple, Yoda Boulevard, as usual?

D: Actually it's a present, so don't send any correspondance whatsoever to anyone but myself! And could I have the clones giftwrapped with red ribbons?

CA: Of course *enters data in pad*.

D: Here's the billing adress to the Jedi...um...annex! Yes, our annex on Geonosis!

CA: Very well. The process will take ten years for the first batch, fifteen for the rest. There's a coffee-machine in the lounge for you.

D: Thank you, I'll just come by later, if it's all the same.

CA: As you wish, Master...?

D: Er...(looks at nametag on bloodstained saber in pocket) Sifo-Dyas, Sid to you.

CA: As you wish, Jedi Master Sid!

D: Just Sid.

CA: I see, Sir Sid. Thank you for choosing Kamino Kloning Koncerns!

D: Yes, thanks! *hurries out through door*

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the encyclopedia at starwars.com has no entry for Sifo-Dyas. He doesn't seem to be very important.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps