Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Master Sifo Dias (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Master Sifo Dias
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a) I doubt that George Lucas places much personal emphasis on keeping his movies consistent with the books.
b) IIRC, the Zahn books don't really go into detail on the actual origin of the cloning cylinders, just that they were "an interesting little bit of technology" that the Palpatine had stashed away. For all we know, he wiped them out and stole their technology later on.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The later stormtroopers are not clones, they are drafted.

END-$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i heard later that Lucas intended exactly the opposite.. he knew that the stormtroopers in ANH were all clones of the same guy.

(is that a spoiler for a movie that came out in 1977?)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"he knew that the stormtroopers in ANH were all clones of the same guy"

But all of different height?

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, he definitely should have CGIed them.

trying to remember where i heard that said.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stormtroopers being clons of Jango makes sense only of Jango had some kind of severe nearsightedness that the helmet compensated for and he was too proud to tell the Kaminoloids.
That would at least explain why the Kamino troopers are kicking ass in ATOC and Stormtroopers can't hit Han and Chewie from five feet away.....

Besides, at least some of the Imperials have to be conscripted or voulenteer: the officers certainly are'nt clones and the few times we hear stormtroopers talking, they have seperate and diffrent voices.
I think George is just making this stuff up as he goes along.
Making all the Stormtroopers clones also lessens the value of their lives: several hundred thouusand of wich are lost between the destruction of both Death Stars and the Executor. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah, I still think the authors of the books do a better job than Lucas at making Star Wars so great.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

capped
Member # 709

the answer you, seek, young one, is ffffffbbbbbpppptttt, NOT.

oh well.

the movies are where stuff that matters happens. the books are extraneous.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though that has nothing to do with the actual quality of events presented.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the idea that the Stormtroopers are clones has been knocking around since at least the early drafts of ESB.
I forget the exact quote but some of the early character notes on Boba Fett has him as a "Relic of the Clone Wars" who left the Stormtroopers to become a bounty hunter for some reason, I think it was because he had some abnormality (for a clone) that made him too independent to be a Stormtrooper.
Lucas does mention most of this on the DVD commentary IIRC, this could also be the source of some of the supposed Fett background stories that have appeared in the novels an comics over the years. I remember one of them had him as a Stormtrooper who deserted after killing his superior officer.
While this doesn't necessarily mean that all the Stormtroopers seen in the old trilogy were Jango clones, it is certainly implied.

Two things you might want to consider;

1) Assuming the classic trilogy Stormtroopers were infact conscripts or volunteers, where did they all come from and how did they become so loyal to the emperor to the point of fanaticism?

2) What happened the 1,000,000+ clones after the war? They obviously won and presumably killed all the Jedi too so it's unlikely that they were all wiped out.
I suppose that the survivors could have gradually been replaced by conscripts as time went on so by the time of ANH they were all either dead or retired. That is assuming of course that no more clone batches were made after the war was ended.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye there's a whole planet of identical over the hill Jango clones passivly awaiting new orders from the Empire......or mabye they kept the accelerated aging and croak at 45 or something.
mabye the Kaminoloids will save the day with a built in self destruct or something in Ep.III.

I think conscription is completely feasable.
Good propaganda plus a high Imperial standard of life and training would make for lots of willing conscripts.
Was'nt Han supposed to have been an Imperial pilot prior to rescuing Chewie? Not canon, I know, bit we do know that luke was gonna join up for Imperial flight school....

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't cloning banned after the Wars?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
how did they become so loyal to the emperor to the point of fanaticism?
Who is to say that they are? The only thing Stormtroopers are ever heard talking about amongst themselves is the latest trendy sports-vehicle. Hardly a foundation on which to build a theory of complete devotion.

As far as I can see they're just regular grunts in weird looking suits.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...with bad aim.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, when they're trying to let someone get away.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps