Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Master Sifo Dias (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Master Sifo Dias
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A curious strategy.

"Sir, should we kill these horrible forest creatures?"

"For God's sake, no! The Emperor insists they escape! The rebels too! Also, we have to ensure they blow up the Death Star and smash our fleet."

"Aye aye, sir!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It strikes me that clones are probably VERY expensive. It might be cost prohibitive to RAISE a clone army. I mean, a million and a half clones isn't much of an army ... ESPECIALLY for a huge galactic Republic with its population (presumeably) in the hundreds of billions.

I mean, it sounds like a nice big number, but it's not. The Empire has plenty of places to hunt for (presumeably) willing recruits.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone told me that STAR WARS DOT COM (da da dah!) has changed it's section on Stormtroopers, and now says that those of the classic trilogy are clones. And apparently they have changed because George Lucus wrote STAR WARS (da da dah!) and told STAR WARS DOT COM (da da dah!) to change things thus.

The person could be lying. And there is no-way at all that I could check such an amazing site out. Pooey.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, you can't "log" on to starwars.com?

Besides, what the hell are you even doing at home??? You're supposed to be blackmailing
"Worlds Apart" into giving me plastic goodies! Snatch their pets, or something.

Reverend: "While this doesn't necessarily mean that all the Stormtroopers
seen in the old trilogy were Jango clones, it is certainly implied."

The clones have Jango's voice and accent, the old-school Stormtroopers talk like
WWII Montana infantry. And the original Boba Fett sounds like a chainsmoking alcoholic.

Furthermoist, I think that #1, the stormtroopers that were defeated by stonethrowing bears
must've experienced the worst humiliation in the history of the corps,
in fact worse than a CounterStrike-sniper being stabbed to death by the snipee.

#2, if the little bears were so inclined to barbecue and eat the good guys,
I don't want to think about the owners of those helmets the bear-drummer used for laying down the phat beats in ROTJ.

Han Solo: "Mmm, these after-battle chickenspits are delicious!"

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod Pimding wrote: "And the original Boba Fett sounds like a chainsmoking alcoholic."
Boba may well have been a chainsmoking alcholic!
Think about it: He's kind of a loser.
He get traumatized by seeing "dad" beheaded and grows up to work in dad's profession, wear dad's clothes, drives dad's car...er...ship...
Sounds like half the trailer trash cowboys in the south to me. [Razz]
He probably watches wresteling and listens to country music too....
...and dies at the hands of a blinded bounty he already caught!
Oh yeah, Johnny Cash should write a Boba Fett song.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psy:

I just checked the database at starwars.com and there is NOTHING mentioned in the Stormtrooper entry about them being clones. There is a separate entry for the Clone Troopers.

And, out of curiosity, why can't you check out the site? You don't have to sign up to look at the stuff there, only to participate in the community forum and things of that nature.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because I am a lazy, lazy man.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, hopefully those rumors will be complete balls anyway.

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Scott Nixon
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Scott Nixon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as whether Stormtroopers are clones, I believe the answer is 'yes,' and that it was something established from the very beginning. Someone will need to check this since I don't have this book anymore, but I'm pretty sure I read it in "Star Wars Album" ('album' here meaning 'photo album,' printed by Ballantine books in 1977).
Do any of you still have this book?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

And because George had everything worked out in 1977, and didn't change any aspects of the story at all in any way whatsoever.

--------------------

Scott Nixon
Member # 540

- posted      Profile for Scott Nixon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't understand your comment, PsyLiam.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh, a newbie, unfamiliar with the intricate ways of Brittish sarcasm. Have fun!

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I can't be sure of the definition of "Brittish", but I'd say that Liam's comment was just the generic sort of sarcasm.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel the love?
Welcome to Flare: home to sarcasm and sharp shiny objects to step on. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
Member # 205

Stormtroopers have always been rather peculiar, like the whippingboy of the galaxy.
They get shot, fall down shafts or are defeated in humiliating ways.
"What? Hey!! You sir are in violation of imperia*BAM* Urk...*thud*"

It would be fun to hear a dialogue between a captured stormtrooper and a rebel soldier,
in a prison complex, like during the two weeks up to the stormtrooper's execution or transfer.

Have there been any literature about this in any SW-books?

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps