Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Master Sifo Dias (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Master Sifo Dias
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
A five year old swinging a lightsaber? or a nine year old flying a podracer at 400+ KM/H, and winning?

Good point, but "darkforce dragons" is just so far into fanboy stupidity that I just refuse to waste the time.
I could be doing something far more entertaining: like staring into the sun.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prey you don't get taken away by the "don't stare into the sun"-badger.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We don't need no steeenking badgers!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Red XIV
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the question of whether Stormtroopers are clones, I'm saying no. We know that the Imperial Army and Navy are not clones, since we see the officers' faces. So why should the Stormtrooper Corps be different? And IIRC the black-uniformed officers are promoted Stormtroopers, and clearly they're not clones.

And after the Clone Wars, there's no longer any need to clone soldiers. Palpatine went to Kamino and had clones made because he needed an army built up secretly and relatively quickly. He couldn't gather and train a sufficiently large army through conventional means without people noticing, so he resorted to clones. As that's no longer an issue after the Empire is established, there would be no reason to continue with such expensive procedures.

Moreover, it's just more logical to draw the 'troopers from the general populace of the Empire. If nothing else, it puts millions upon millions of citizens to work for the Empire. If all those Stormtrooper positions are being held by clones, that leaves you with millions upon millions of normal humans who might find other, more seditious things to do with their time.

IP: Logged
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Holy shit...this takes the prize for olderst ressurected thread of the year thus far.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, this does. Although this is a good runner-up.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Fuck it:
I'm bringing back the Ambassador thread: I've re-fallen in love with that ship since building a new model of one this week.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps