Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Wars fans, may I bend your ear...? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Wars fans, may I bend your ear...?
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh, "Around the survivors a perimeter create" was quite poor, so much so that it was funny. Most the Yoda dialogue was spot on though.

The Gungans were even more irritating than the Ewoks, mainly because of Jar Jar. Lose him, and it wouldn't have been so bad. The 'Big Boss' was a reasonable character. But in many ways, TPM tried to emulate the denouement of ROTJ. And it didn't work.

Jar's Jar's line of 'How Rude' seems to have been picked up by 3PO. He says in the other movies more than once I think, along with his catchphrase of 'We're doomed.'

I detest 'I've gotta bad feeling about this'. It's just lazy writing.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Admiral:
Yeh, "Around the survivors a perimeter create" was quite poor, so much so that it was funny. Most the Yoda dialogue was spot on though.

The Gungans were even more irritating than the Ewoks, mainly because of Jar Jar. Lose him, and it wouldn't have been so bad. The 'Big Boss' was a reasonable character. But in many ways, TPM tried to emulate the denouement of ROTJ. And it didn't work.

Jar's Jar's line of 'How Rude' seems to have been picked up by 3PO. He says in the other movies more than once I think, along with his catchphrase of 'We're doomed.'

I detest 'I've gotta bad feeling about this'. It's just lazy writing.

Umm..in case you guys didn't realize, the Yoda line was *supposed* to be funny, and IMO it *was.* Dramaturgically speaking, it provides the audience with the needed relief after the prolonged tension of the arena battle. Such moments are in fact a necessary part of the "flow" of a film. Besides, one of the good things about this movie was Lucas having a fun time with the Yoda character.

If you want to talk about comic relief that came at an inopportune time where it wasn't needed at all, look at the whole Threepio-gets-his-head-switched-with-a-battle-droid tangent. [Roll Eyes]

And the "I have a bad feeling about this" is a line that Lucas includes in every SW episode. It's a tradition, sort of his own little ritual when writing these things. I don't mind it.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Red XIV
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get why Jar-Jar is so hated. No, he's not a great character, or even great comic relief. But he's not worth paying this much attention to.
IP: Logged
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or kicking a year-and-a-half old thread for. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red XIV: Reanimator

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm telling ya' these things come from server lag!

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's hope this thread can't run [Smile]
(obscure joke here [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hence why I'm suggesting a Stargate forum, dammit! [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh... and then there could be all kinds of cool Admin comments about Gating a thread to the Stargate Forum...

"Wormhole established. Travelers en route."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, yes we need cool admin comments. Let's have some of those for sure!

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
or "Flush this down the Stargate thread".

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, and they could lock rogue threads like this one with...

"No GDO transmission received. Closing the iris."

GREAT IDEA!! B)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

"Activating DHD Device"

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Off topic thread activation..... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dial-home-device-device?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps