Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » A Galaxy Divided... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Galaxy Divided...
Capt.Blair245
Member # 1113

- posted      Profile for Capt.Blair245     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a true Trekkie in my heart yet I have a Star Wars heart in me too, yet I really like Star Wars games more the Trek ones. Probably because I'm 13 and for some strange reason that Trek games lack the "quality" other games possess.
Well back to the point [Smile] ...

Who here has played Star Wars: A Galaxy Divided?
Its a really good game in my view though the constant server disconnections really piss me off.

Blair

--------------------
Graffiti decorations/under a sky of dust/a constant wave of tension/on top of broken trust/the lessons that you taught me/I learned were never true
Now I find myself in question,
Guilty by association,

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have two hearts? KLINGON!!!!!

No, I haven't played Galxy Divided but I do agree that SW games have generally been better that Trek ones.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LucasArts has been slacking off as of late. I like the older games like TIE, X-Wing, Rebellion, Dark Forces, and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2

The only Star Trek game I've played that I've enjoyed was Starfleet Command. Once you get past the horribly steep learning curve, it's a neat game.

Elite Force was alright, but it had nothing new to offer.

BOTF was way too easy, and buggy.

Bridge Commander had nice graphics, Your second officer looks like a dude.

Klingon Academy pissed me off, and I only played the demo. No matter what I tried, the computer always blew off my warp engines. It's the only thing the computer targets.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, I guess that answered my other post...

I guess I should buy a game or two for this old PC of mine, maybe some day....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Da_Bang80 said: "LucasArts has been slacking off as of late. I like the older games like TIE, X-Wing, Rebellion, Dark Forces, and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2"

Have you played through "Jedi Academy"?
Stage 3 Force Lightning is nothing to mess with. No wait, it is the perfect thing to mess with.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Capt.Blair245
Member # 1113

- posted      Profile for Capt.Blair245     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uh, what the hell is BOTF?

--------------------
Graffiti decorations/under a sky of dust/a constant wave of tension/on top of broken trust/the lessons that you taught me/I learned were never true
Guilty by association,

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Birth of the Federation, a (flopped) 4X set in the TNG universe.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: Invasion for playstation I. (kinda BS, but loads of fun and great graphics!)

DS9: The Fallen was darn fun (find the badguys with your tricorder and kill them!)

Star Trek Armada II allows you to be the worst admiral ever and send hundreds of ships to their fiery doom.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Armada II sounds fun....

--------------------

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Da_Bang80 said: "LucasArts has been slacking off as of late. I like the older games like TIE, X-Wing, Rebellion, Dark Forces, and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2"

Have you played through "Jedi Academy"?

Of course that doesn't mean much for Lucasarts considering that the whole thing (at least judging from Jedi Knight 2) was outsourced and produced by Raven software.

And Star Wars: Divided Galaxies has mucho Sony input.

But he's right, these games are really middle-of-the pack, a far cry from the old golden days of TIE Fighter, Sam and Max, Sucret Weapons of the Luftwaffe.....or even Afterlife [Wink]

As for recent Star Trek games, ick. The only one I even enjoyed was Starfleet Command, although I'll be the first one to admit that the series is hardly the best choice to get your heart pumping.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

" Sucret Weapons of the Luftwaffe"

So, trying to win the war with sex....

--------------------

Capt.Blair245
Member # 1113

your'e a sick man Ritten...

--------------------
Guilty by association,

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may not win the war, but it'd be a fun battle strategy.

I've played Jedi Outcast. The random and continual battling is very soothing.

As I recall, Shadows of the Empire and Dark Forces were both very good too.

But I'm far from a gaming expert. I don't even own a system.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A-War" winning.
Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
Armada II sounds fun....

Reviews seem to indicate that Armada I was better, but I haven't played II so I couldn't confirm this.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps