Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » SW on DVD in SEPTEMBER (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: SW on DVD in SEPTEMBER
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today's Washington Post had a press release from Lucasfilm announcing the DVD release of the Star Wars Trilogy (special edition) in September!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wa. Frelling. Hoo.

How many releases does this make now? I think I'll stick with my THX versions of the originals, personally.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$20 this thread devolves into an SE vs original version debate before you can say "wretched hive of scum and villany."

For my part, I just hope they lay off all the freakin cut scenes. Navigating the menus of PM and Clones is a royal pain.

Marian

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's going to be a four-disc set, with the 4th disc full of extras, including "never-before-seen-footage." Possibly, Lucas commentary, too ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Wa. Frelling. Hoo.

How many releases does this make now? I think I'll stick with my THX versions of the originals, personally.

Well, to be fair, this is easily the most significant release, since it's on a new format and everything.

And THX originals? Why don't you just go and read stuff written on stone tablets, eh? EH?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still say in about 10 years Lucas will re-re-release the trilogy with new SFX the way he "Really, REALLY, had imagined it" before all the new (in 10 years) computer tech had been invented. Then Sci-fi channel can wait 20 years and "Reimagine" it.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ironically it will look almost exactly like 'LEXX' at that point.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is NO WAY (no matter how many teen-boy fantasies) that Carrie Fischer will ever look like Xenia Seeburg!! [Smile] (I hope that was the correct spelling) [Smile]

I always wanted to see the scene in ANH of Luke going to Anchorhead and speaking to his friends.

I reckon they should put 'Troops' in there to show what REALLY happened to Owen and Beru! [Smile]

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can see the "Lost Scenes" (Luke and Biggs, Luke at Anchorhead, and a Mos Eisley cantina cut) on the LucasArts CD "Behind the Magic," released in 1998. As of right now, it's the only place you can see them. Hopefully, this DVD will include them.

Yes, this is a great announcement, and everyone hope that the special features are superb.

Star Wars! Yeah!

--------------------
Meh

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish we'd get both SE and origibal versions on the disk but i'm sure not holding out much hope there.

Think they'll subject up to the horror of the "Christmas Special"?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
You can see the "Lost Scenes" (Luke and Biggs, Luke at Anchorhead, and a Mos Eisley cantina cut) on the LucasArts CD "Behind the Magic," released in 1998. As of right now, it's the only place you can see them. Hopefully, this DVD will include them.

Yes, this is a great announcement, and everyone hope that the special features are superb.

Star Wars! Yeah!

Have you seen those cut scenes?

Does anyone know of a list of cut scenes that didn't make eps 4, 5 and 6?

Also maybe some of those rumours about them putting Padme in some scenes might be on the DVDs?

Of course there will definately be a sneak peek at Ep III.

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And THX originals? Why don't you just go and read stuff written on stone tablets, eh? EH?"

You're not suggesting that, with the existence of the special editions, the original movies should be relegated to the trash can?

A few months ago, I got the pre-THX (1992) videos of all three movies for a grand total of less than $15. They were all in pretty much new condition. In fact, RotJ was still wrapped in plastic.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

"She's dead... wrapped in plastic!"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "fuck"? I thought Lucas was always adamant about not releasing the original trilogy on DVD until he'd completed the prequels?
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.