Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » SW on DVD in SEPTEMBER (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: SW on DVD in SEPTEMBER
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucas mentions in the scriptbook that the characters lead you to each other. The Droids to Luke. Luke to Ben. Ben to Han. Having Luke pop up early would ruin that.

And not only would it destroy the pace of the battle, it would hurt the opening of the film. Tatooine is boring enough without extending it even more.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, we already see the battle first-hand anyway, so there wouldn't be much point to another Binary Sunset-ish scene with Luke gazing up at the stars only to have them substituted for some more pretty explosions, now would there?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
I would indeed like to see Luke witness the battle in space above him.

I'd like to see it as an extra, but there's no way it should be put back into the film. It would completely destroy the pacing.
Oh yeah - as an extra... all those cut scenes as extras... he's already done a SE - he's not going to change anything else. He'd be too busy with Ep:III anyway.

The thing is though - these will probably be the bare-bones releases and there will be different versions come out in a few years, chock-full of extras - like the Trek releases.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no doubt that they'll eventually release all six movies as a set. I'll be waiting until at least then to get them.

Unless episode III turns out to be total crap, in which case it probably wouldn't be worth buying the prequels at all.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Plus, we already see the battle first-hand anyway, so there wouldn't be much point to another Binary Sunset-ish scene with Luke gazing up at the stars only to have them substituted for some more pretty explosions, now would there?
Pretty explosions are the point, of course.

quote:
he's already done a SE - he's not going to change anything else.
Lucas has explicitly stated that he would like to do so.
Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logic. It can be. Most... annoying.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
quote:

he's already done a SE - he's not going to change anything else.]

Lucas has explicitly stated that he would like to do so.
Oh gawd, Lucas will keep going until the original 3 are just as crap and over done in effects as the latest 2 (probably 3).

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
OK - he was... not the best of sorts for a young boy and an old man to hang around. (well that's what you want to be led to believe at first as his intentions - aren't all clear - until he joins the fight at the end of the film.

Then Again. A Young Boy shouldn't be hanging around an old hermit who likes to be called "master"

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Especially one who can make that scary groaning noise.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about luke's effimine protocol droid calls him "master" and that Han calls "goldenrod"?

Nothing wholesome in that arrangment.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hee hee* Remember the old airbrushed Topps SW card?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd blocked it from active memory untill you beought it back up.

...well, back to thearpy then.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
Member # 256

-

Block this, mothafucka! B)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

It's disturbing that you had that image so readily available.

If 3P0 was really equiped like that, Han would'nt have stood a chance with the princess.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
Member # 256

I don't know. He'd have to be fluent in over six million forms of stimulation just to please her. B)
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps