Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » SW on DVD in SEPTEMBER (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: SW on DVD in SEPTEMBER
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Han just knows how to use his blaster under the table whlie smiling.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG is that picture for real, or has it been doctored? What is going on!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it was an actually published card from the early 80's that was "doctored" and printed that way before being recalled.
There's a lot of those kind of things like the Little Mermaid video cover havinf a penis shaped castle on the beach in the background.
When illustrators go bad...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/c3po.htm
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which I shall follow up with this:

http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/mermaid.htm

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Parlez vous box-art?
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Lucas has explicitly stated that he would like to do so.
Where has he explicitly stated this? All my sources point to he isn't going to do any more Special editions or change them again. I can see cut scenes being added as a separate thing, but all that I've read is that Lucas considers the special editions as complete and final, which is what we're gonna get on the DVDs.

On a side note, in TESB, when the Imperials invade the Hoth base, C3PO removes a sign from a room where some wampas were being kept. Some Snowtroopers open the room and get attacked by the wampas [Smile] at least that's what Star Wars:Insider said in its TESB 20th anniversary issue.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The packaging has been removed as per the page.

I saw something on "Entertainment Daily" that is from the US... about some website having 50,000 signiatures from fans wanting the original non-special editions ALSO released on DVD. Lucas in response said "no". He said that there would be 'behind the scenes' docos and they are cleaning up the film to get rid of scratches etc. He said there weren't many deleted scenes as they didn't have the money back then to film extra.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait to have the first Star Wars-movie on DVD; I'm going to take a fat screencap of Darth Vader in the 'trench ("The force is strong with this one") and then up the brightness and contrast until you see David Prowse's eyes through the helmet. It looks like Rick Moranis.
This is gonna be great.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny you should mention that, I was planning to do the same thing with Vader's "skeleton scene" in Jedi...
Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nim said elsewhere:

"We've deprived you of your flare forumic hymen and soon we will deprive you of your brains."

Now we know how he means to do it.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Further Details
Fox have kindly sent over further details on the Star Wars Trilogy which will be arriving this September. Firstly, we can confirm that each of the films will be presented in 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen, along with English Dolby Digital 5.1 EX, English Dolby Surround, Spanish Dolby Surround and French Dolby Surround tracks. Each will be THX Certified. As for extras, A New Hope will include a commentary by George Lucas, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher. Empire Strikes Back will include commentary by George Lucas, Irvin Kershner, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher, and Return of the Jedi will include a commentary by George Lucas, Lawrence Kasdan, Ben Burtt, Dennis Muren and Carrie Fisher. The fourth disc includes the most comprehensive feature-length documentary ever produced on the Star Wars saga as well as never-before-seen footage from the making of all three films and much more. We'll bring you the full specs just as soon as we have them. Stay tuned.

www.dvdanswers.com

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps