Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » The Death Star (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: The Death Star
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We saw plans for it in AotC... do you think we'll see it being built in the third movie?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$$$SPOILERS$$$
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Lucasfilm has confirmed that part of Episode III will take place at the construction site of the Death Star.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool - what planet? Kashyyyk?

I wonder if it'll look like the construction of the 2nd Death Star?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Novels have the construction taking place at Despayre, IIRC. But Lucas doesn't pay attention to the novels, so probably Kashyyyk. [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M

O

R

E

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Well, that explains what Tarkin's doing in the movie...

As an aside, I'll be pretty pissed if anyone calls Obi-Wan "Obi-Wan" in Ep III...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Novels have the construction taking place at Despayre, IIRC. But Lucas doesn't pay attention to the novels, so probably Kashyyyk. [Smile]

Yet another reason why the novels are such total shit.
(exceptions being the Heir To The Empire trilogy-the only books approved by Lucas himself)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
quote:

Yet another reason why the novels are such total shit.
(exceptions being the Heir To The Empire trilogy-the only books approved by Lucas himself)

That trilogy was the first set of Star Wars books that I read. It was fucking awesome and Timothy Zahn is a God when it comes to writing.

HEHE!

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I actually like the novels. Mainly because they're all accepted as true in the SW world (at least, the stuff that's not contradicted by the movies), unlike the Star Trek books, which are the real BS.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Novels have the construction taking place at Despayre.

The subtle use of symbolism amazes and astounds.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Peregrinus:
As an aside, I'll be pretty pissed if anyone calls Obi-Wan "Obi-Wan" in Ep III...

*sigh* And why's that?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably something to do with his comment in ANH about not having gone by "Obi-Wan" in some number of years I've forgotten.

Of course, we assume he wasn't simply senile and lost track of the years, I guess.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I haven't gone by the name Obi-Wan since...oh, before you were born..."

But why would this conflict with Ep III? I would have thought (if anything) that Padme would be pregnant, but the twins wouldn't have been born yet, would they?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, one presumes they will be born at some point during the film.
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
Hey, I actually like the novels. Mainly because they're all accepted as true in the SW world (at least, the stuff that's not contradicted by the movies), unlike the Star Trek books, which are the real BS.

Actually, Star Wars novels cannot be accepted as canon. Why? Because, (as George Lucas has repeatedly stated), they are set in different universe.

And I think that latest trek books (New Frontier series) are great [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
However, everybody considers them canon, mainly because there will never be any movies after EP. 6 that will contradict them.

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps