Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$)
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Hm. Found nice link.

I can't get the movies to play. I have sound but no video. QuickTime says I'm missing a compressor.

Any ideas?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Redownload Quicktime?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Hm. Found nice link.

You mean I had to leave my computer on for excruciatingly long hours to download eps 11-20 over Kazaa!?! Arrrgh.

Anyway I've got them all.

I found out at theforce.net that the Wolfman was voted for by visitors to the cartoonnetwork website as to which of three characters they wanted animated for episode 20. Why they picked the wolfman is beyond me.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "wolfman" is a Bothan, I'm sure of it, now that I've seen him.

HerbShrump, I've had serious problems with Quicktime too this year, I simply don't use it anymore.

Download and install Realplayer (it's free too), right-click on the Clone Wars movie-file and choose "Open With...", and choose Realplayer from the list (you might also want to check the box called "Always use this program to open the selected file...")

Just make sure, in the Realplayer "Preferences" menu, that you check the boxes for .avi and .mpeg4-files, the format the Clone Wars files are in.

Oh, and make sure to download the TOP row of the movies on that german page, they're higher resolution than the lower row.
It takes longer to download, but IMO it's worth it, it reduces the graininess.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I downloaded the Clone Wars-files (1-10), they had additional files with chapters 1-10 in "Director's Commentary"-mode, with the producer and staff members commenting on the production.

So does anyone know where the D.C's for chapters 11-20 can be found? [Confused]

Nim
Member # 205

Oh, here I go again, answering my own questions and all...

I found the commentary tracks.
On the danish starwars.nu site, they've updated the list (previously only chapters 1-10) AND with the commentaries for 11-20.

Enjoy it while it lasts, these things shouldn't be there, in that resolution... [Wink]
http://dk.starwars.nu/nyheder/index.asp?iPageId=2237

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Chapter 20 kicked butt. I can't wait to see that bad guy (trying to avoid spoilers) in the movie. I'm wondering if they'll be able to pull him off on the big screen, though. I am also wondering who will finally take him out. Probably Anakin.

That picture of Mon Mothma looks cool. Definitely a resemblance. You can also see a man behind her who appears to be wearing a uniform like General Madine's in RotJ. Could be the same character.

Nim
Member # 205

Just because they were in the same scene in ROTJ?

Madine was an imperial defector, it would be silly if he'd been friends with Mothma in the young years, then supported a reign of terror for 20 years, then gone back to the good guys in just the right time.

Hm, that guy behind Hot Mothma looks like Orlando Bloom with a buzzcut.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well General Grevious - oh Lucas how original - looked part droid - and then they closed in on his eye - and he seemed to have organic components. Could this be a precursor for Vader's part man/part machine?

One thing - so what about 3 light sabres - shouldn't any respectable three-armed jedi be able to wield three? I'm sure there are multi-armed species. Infact I believe Yareel Poof had two arms hidden.

What was his species? (He was seen in Ep 1).

Oh and Asajj Ventress or who ever it was - the Sith... was she the same race as the cloners in Ep2 - Kaminoin?

And reguards to 'wolfman' in chapter 20 - on the starwars.com site his race isn't listed as Bothan.

Also - that Padawan - looks a LOT like Shaggy from Scooby Doo! [Smile] On that force.net page they named him Shag'i. [Big Grin]

Ok found a picture thing... some of those names *shakes head* LOL! Voolvif Monn (wolfman), Bugnaught, Sha'a Gi

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/img/cw2_avatars.jpg

I'll try and find the page where they were discussing it.

OK there is discussion here on page 16... i think there is more on 17, 18, 19 and 20.
http://boards.theforce.net/Literature/b10003/10625836/p16

AND do you think it's worth while downloading the commentary clonewars?

It'll probably comeout on DVD.

P.S. Downloading these 'chapters' are worth it simply for Mace Windu. Clenches his fist and a whole row of battle-droids explode! [Smile]

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said COULD be the same character. Maybe it isn't. I was just noting the resemblance in uniforms. I know relatively little about the EU.

I'm relatively happy with the alien Jedi depicted in the micro series, even Wolfman. I like the white furry one and the hammerhead jedi best.

The way they drew Shaak Ti is rockin'! She looks way more exotic than she ended up looking in Ep 2.

Nim
Member # 205

And cute. [Frown]

AndrewR: Yes it's worthwhile downloading the comments. There's lots of interesting dialogue about backstory, character creation process and motivations behind certain decisions in the production.

Assaj Ventress is not Kaminoan, she's definitely humanoid, but with pale skin. The eyes in the cartoon were oversized, for dramatic effect.
 -
Her saber duel with Dooku looked stiff and unnatural, but the duel with Anakin was marvelous, they really picked up some experience over time, as they worked on "Clone Wars".

Nice avatar chart there, Andrew.
Strange that Barriss Offee isn't there, she's like the prettiest jedi ever.
 -
It was cool that they retained the synchronization of Offee and her mentor's fighting style, it worked well.
It was mentioned in the AOTC Visual Dictionary.

About multiple saber techniques, we have yet to see a Jedi who specializes in the form.

I actually talked to a female Kendo practitioner about this.
She said that one could indeed go into Kendo tournaments with two swords; a standard size and one smaller, like the Wakizashi.
But nobody who's tried the form in competition has ever made it to the top, not even bronze, she said. It's mostly hotshots who try it, apparently.

Miyamoto Musashi could do it, I believe he even favored two fullsize Katanas (good if you need to take a hostage to get out of a pinch, he's to have said), but Musashi was a sword god, or so the tales go.

The tradeoff in strength and maneuverability, especially when recovering the sword to guard position after a slash, is often so big (unless you train with special weights to strengthen and increase hand/wrist response) that the opponent with both hands on his hilt will smash your guard open and give your ribs a faretheewell.

I don't think Anakin could take Grievous, more likely Windu will take him (or take him with him, is my guess).

Even in "Jedi Academy" multiplayer games the ones on top are usually single saber wielders or saber-staff wielders.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Shaak Ti was indeed quite the cutie in the micro series.

During Anakin and Ventress' duel, the rain hitting their blades blew me away. That was a really nice touch. The Force pushes were also pretty cool, especially when Anakin resisted the one attempt and the whole background blurred out.

The point about duel saber technique is interesting. I wonder how it would be effected by the fact that lightsabers wouldn't really have any weight, which is, I guess, still open to debate.

I have a hunch you're right about Anakin and at least several other Jedi will team up against Grevious. Most likely right before Anakin goes Vader on everyone and takes them out.

The microseries managed to get me excited about the movie again.

Nim
Member # 205

Well, the blades have always had mass as all the props have had plastic or metal rods as placeholders.
In the continuity of the SW-universe, it is held that the force field encapsulating the hot plasma core of the lightsaber circulates with such speed that a gyroscopical weight and momentum appears in the blade.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Ohhh yes the rain on the sabres - very cool... although we don't get that in epII on Kamino with Obi Wan. (would have been interesting). I'm also glad that they showed the sabre light on their bodies/faces. The only time they did this was of course in Ep II with Anakin and Dooku.

Also notice the purple crystals in the walls of the Jedi temple on Ilum?

And a little bit of a spoiler for a cool bit so watch out...

spoiler

spoiler

spoiler...

Anyone think we may get Qui Gon in ep III? Notice that when Anakin strikes down Asajj, we see Obi Wan, Yoda and Qui Gon react!

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm.....as to sword styles, I'm suprised there is not a Jedi (or Sith) with a small "Lightdagger" to emulate the rapier style of swordsmanship.
The dagger is used both to parry and as a meanbs of attack.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps