Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$)
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've watched it 3 times and I've never been able to tell who that was... but yes, I've always thought that that particular character will make an appearance of some kind in Ep 3.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason: The rapier/cutlass style is represented by Count Dooku, Darth Tyrannus.
He practically says "En Garde!" after igniting his saber and swinging it into ready position, in AOTC.

japol
Member # 1149

- posted      Profile for japol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there is another pic of Mothma in the most recent Star Wars Insider... with some sort of headgear.

But I only glanced at it.

--------------------
I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit, and on the slitted sheet I sit.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm suprised there is not a Jedi (or Sith) with a small "Lightdagger" to emulate the rapier style of swordsmanship.

Well, I don't think it'd be that hard to construct a sabre with a blade that could extend partially (to dagger-length) as well as fully, so there very well might be.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Notice that when Anakin strikes down Asajj, we see Obi Wan, Yoda and Qui Gon react!"

Well, considering that we also heard Qui-Gon in AotC when Anakin killed all the Tuskens, it's not surprising that they threw that into the cartoon. I don't know how much we can trust the cast list at IMDb, but Qui-Gon isn't on it. Then again, Liam Neeson wasn't even credited in AotC.

The IMDb list doesn't show General Grievous, either. Also, it lists someone as playing Bail Organa's wife. I always assumed Organa had married Amidala and pretended to be Leia's father. But I guess maybe the Oraganas adopted her. I guess it would explain Luke's question in RotJ about "your real mother".

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sideous isn't credited either, IIRC. They don't list the people that they want to be surprises [Smile]

Suuposedly Luke's ANH blade can have its length adjusted by turning a dial on the side of the hilt. In Spinter of the Mind's Eye, I think, he dials it down to just a few inches long.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam Neeson wasn't even credited in AotC.

I don't believe he actually recorded that line. What I heard was that it was a digital construct. Whether that's accurate or not, I don't know.

In Spinter of the Mind's Eye

Hasn't that been declared part of the Infinities series?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I always assumed Organa had married Amidala and pretended to be Leia's father. But I guess maybe the Oraganas adopted her. I guess it would explain Luke's question in RotJ about "your real mother".

Actually, that line really only does make sense if Amidala *DID* marry Organa, because if she died in labor as I've heard is supposed to happen in EpIII, Leia shouldn't remember her any better than Luke.

BTW, between the Clone Wars and EpIII discussion, shouldn't some $$$ spoiler warnings be added to the title?

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Liam Neeson wasn't even credited in AotC.

I don't believe he actually recorded that line. What I heard was that it was a digital construct. Whether that's accurate or not, I don't know.

I thought it was looped dialogue from the previous film, the part on Tatooine when Maul comes speeding up and he says "Anakin! Drop!"

quote:

Why, no it hasn't. Why do you say that? In any case, it doesn't matter since he was just wondering why no one had ever thought of the idea, not whether or not it was canonical.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Jason: The rapier/cutlass style is represented by Count Dooku, Darth Tyrannus.
He practically says "En Garde!" after igniting his saber and swinging it into ready position, in AOTC.

Duku's lightsabre is more of a cutlass (in how he uses it).
A Rapier style would be more aggressive in lunging forward and would likely need a bit more room than usually practical.

I always wondered how much force powers go into just strengthening their arms while dueling...someone like Yoda would need to expend some measure of energy to match the physical strength of an opponent like Darth Maul.

You'd think a Jedi could be extremely formidable in hand to hand combat if they lost their 'sabre (though that's not the case in EpII.)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:

Suuposedly Luke's ANH blade can have its length adjusted by turning a dial on the side of the hilt. In Spinter of the Mind's Eye, I think, he dials it down to just a few inches long.

Well that idea is from Jedi's SFX: While on the sail barge, Luke's 'sabre blade is about two meters long while he's slicing through henchmen, (it's the "streetsweeper" setting, I guess) and then much shorter when Boba Clone ties him up.

If the adjustment is just a knob on the handle, I'd bet a Jedi can adjust it via the force while fighting.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
quote:

Why, no it hasn't. Why do you say that?
I think that readers up and down the land going "ewwwwwww! She's your sister!" is a pretty good reason to declare it non-canon.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But...uh...Luke didn't know she was his sister. And, IIRC, they never actually did anything incestuous. He was just fantasizing about her, right? In which case it's nothing out of the ordinary. He was obviously doing as much in ESB as well, and I think you'd find that it's not uncommon in real life, either.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
I'm suprised there is not a Jedi (or Sith) with a small "Lightdagger" to emulate the rapier style of swordsmanship.

Well, I don't think it'd be that hard to construct a sabre with a blade that could extend partially (to dagger-length) as well as fully, so there very well might be.

Reading the starwars.com site - I clicked on a link 'lightsabers' and it says that there is a focusing knob thingy - which can change the emitted part... i suppose you could always have it turned to half length.

Yoda and Yaddle's light sabres might be 'light-daggers' or 'light-shortswords'.

It'd be interesting to see a Jedi with a staff weapon. A double edge in blue or something.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

You'd think a Jedi could be extremely formidable in hand to hand combat if they lost their 'sabre (though that's not the case in EpII.)

It IS the case in the clonewars series - especially in the Mace Windu eps and some others where they loose their sabres. And start attacking hand-to-hand or with the force.

Can Jedi combine their force powers?? I mean with Greivous they could have just looped him and all force blast him from every side.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^ They could all surround him and give him the Force Push at the same time to crumple his body like an aluminum can, which it is.

quote:
In those crap Kevin J. Anderson post-ROTJ novels one of Luke's apprentices who turned to the Darkside had a lightsaber that could dial up and down from knife size up to like four meter long lance size.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.