Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$)
Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Well General Grevious - oh Lucas how original - looked part droid - and then they closed in on his eye - and he seemed to have organic components. Could this be a precursor for Vader's part man/part machine?

From the Star Wars.com description of General Grievous:

Height:
1.904 meters (default configuration)

Weapon:
Blaster pistols, lightsabers

Affiliation:
Confederacy of Independent Systems

When the greedy corporate titans and the disenfranchised systems of the galaxy pooled their resources together to leave the aging Galactic Republic behind, they became the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Their military assets formed a droid army of seemingly limitless size -- a weapon that needed a military mastermind to wield effectively.
From within the ranks of the Confederacy came General Grievous, a brilliant strategist unhindered by compassion or scruples. His lightning strikes and effective campaigns caused his reputation to grow in the eyes of a frightened Republic. To many, he eclipsed the threat posed by Count Dooku, the charismatic leader of the Confederacy's political battlefields -- Grievous was the face of the enemy.

Part non-humanoid alien, part custom-designed droid, Grievous hunted Jedi for sport and proudly displayed his victims' lightsabers around his belt as trophies of his conquests. His unorthodox fighting form and mechanical enhancements gave him an edge in close-quarters combat, and his strategic ingenuity and flawless cunning rendered him almost invincible against the Jedi.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AndrewR: There have been no official Jedi with saber staffs, but in the "Jedi Academy" and "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" computer games you have that choice.

I suspect it is available in the MMORPG "Star Wars: Galaxies" as well, though I haven't confirmed it.

In a way, the saber staff is much more of an offensive, malevolent weapon than the usual saber, which is why it might be inappropriate for a Jedi.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By an amazing coincidence, episode 20 of Clone Wars was on today. It made me go ooooh. That is all.

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
He was just fantasizing about her, right?In which case it's nothing out of the ordinary. He was obviously doing as much in ESB as well

Yes, but I didn't have to read lots of passages on that.

quote:
and I think you'd find that it's not uncommon in real life, either.

Fantasizing about your sister isn't that uncommon in real life?

Where do you live, again?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Must be the Deep South.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That can either be a joke about A: Southern Hicks, B: Panties Region or C: Little Nicky.

Foam man, you truly are teh subtle man, lol! [Embarrassed]

Onto current events, it was nice that the "Clone Wars" staff paid attention to one little detail some people would never even think of:

Anakin's Padawan-saber was squished on Geonosis, so he built a new one (the one Luke will eventually inherit) before the Clone Wars Mini-series started.
At first I wasn't sure he had switched, the saber he wielded in the opening episode of "Clone Wars" was never seen close up.
But from Chapter 17, lo and behold;

-

You can tell because it has the gunsight thingie on the muzzle, and the muzzle itself has a curved shape, instead of the straight angle of the AOTC-saber;

-

Nim
Member # 205

One could of course argue that, since Luke's saber doesn't switch on with the button Anakin's cyborg hand is seen pushing (that should be the blade length adjuster) but with the wide button on the middle, this "Clone Wars" saber could be another one entirely. [Smile]
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the hilt looks about the same and its blade is white, so I can live with a button doing something that it's not supposed to do. B)
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
Fantasizing about your sister isn't that uncommon in real life?

Where do you live, again?

As a sometime-student of psychology, my understanding is that fantasy involving the immediate family/household members is integral to an individual's development of a sexual identity. What's more, the preponderance of "sibling slash" erotic stories would indicate that it is not an uncommon secret fantasy to have had.

Note that I'm only talking about fantasy here, not actually acting on such ideas. Though early sensual experimentation between siblings ("playing doctor," as Deckard put it) is also not uncommon. Developmental psychologists are quite well aware of it as a documented phenomenon.

In any case, this is not the phenomenon occuring in Luke's case. He simply found himself aroused by an attractive woman with which he felt a connection with. He had no idea she was in any way related to her, and I might point out that readers of SotME had none either, when the book was originally released.

I'm sure Luke looks back on such events with a chagrin that equals your own upon reading the account after you know all the facts. [Wink]

Oh, and I live in California, btw.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Actually, that line really only does make sense if Amidala *DID* marry Organa, because if she died in labor as I've heard is supposed to happen in EpIII, Leia shouldn't remember her any better than Luke."

Well, if she dies in childbirth, that's a different matter. I was suggesting that Leia knew she was adopted, and that she had known her real mother, Amidala, who died when Leia was young.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. I see. But I might add that it always seemed to me (just from the films themselves, not counting any EU elaboration) that Leia believed Organa to be her real father. Just my impression.

Oh, and how 'bout those spoiler warnings?

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Padme isn't the only mother Leia was to 'know'. Luke asks her if he remembers her mother - her REAL mother (Luke stresses). This points to the fact that Padme didn't marry Organa - or maybe she did, died young and then Organa married again.

Who named Luke and Leia? They don't sound like very Nabooian names. Luke is very Tatooine settler... Lars, Beru, Luke.

Leia sounds more Aleraanian... Bail etc.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Luke is very Tatooine settler... Lars, Beru, Luke."

Well, "Luke" might fit with "Lars" and "Owen", but with "Beru", "Shmi", and "Anakin"?

"Leia sounds more Aleraanian... Bail etc."

Didn't Episode I make a reference to a "Bail Antilles of Alderaan"? Is "Bail" a name or a title?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was called "bail" cuz he dig teh weed!

Andrew, how do you possibly know what would sound "Aleraanian" if we only have one other name to compare with?

I think "Leia" sounds like something the Caminoloids would use, so Leia must be a clone of her mom and...
oh never mind, I'll let Lucas fuck up his own characters. [Wink]

MIM, I cant say that I've ever had a fantasy about anyone in my immeadeate family.
That just aint right.
....although I once looked at my cousin's butt at a party and was a bit shocked when she turned around and said "hi!". [Eek!]

Nim
Member # 205

Any fantasy occurring in one's mind should be accepted and not chastized.
When you start judging yourself and punishing "sinful" thoughts, you'll only make the need to think about them stronger.
Any urge and fantasy is there for a reason.
You can accept it and even try and get to the bottom of it, with outside help of course, but don't whip it.

I added some spoiler-warnings to the thread-title, it has grown to contain some impressive amount of information, this thread.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Luke is very Tatooine settler... Lars, Beru, Luke."

Well, "Luke" might fit with "Lars" and "Owen", but with "Beru", "Shmi", and "Anakin"?

Actually apart from 'Shmi' - yeah Beru and Anakin - if we don't think of "Luke" as we might some person down the road called Luke.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps