Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$) (Page 6)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$)
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
He was called "bail" cuz he dig teh weed!

Andrew, how do you possibly know what would sound "Aleraanian" if we only have one other name to compare with?

I don't know - cause "Leia" shares 75% of it's letters with "Bail"? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
Any fantasy occurring in one's mind should be accepted and not chastized.
When you start judging yourself and punishing "sinful" thoughts, you'll only make the need to think about them stronger.
Any urge and fantasy is there for a reason.
You can accept it and even try and get to the bottom of it, with outside help of course, but don't whip it.

I totally agree!
Only chastize yourself when you wake up covered in someone else's blood.
Then it's probably time to quit drinking as well....

...but I digress.

Kissing your sister the way Leia did Luke is sick!
Sick I say!

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed. I once woke up in a pool of my own blood, my nose had started bleeding during sleep. I didn't recognize the man in the mirror at first, then it was all "OMG WTF LOL!", as it were.

AndrewR: Anything can be proved with statistics. ;.

I would really like to see more of Alderaan, for some reason the world Princess Vespa escaped from has placed itself as a substitute for Alderaan, after all these years.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if Bail drives a white Mercedes.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...but don't whip it."

Actually, that's exactly what you should do. B)

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what you must do.

you must whip it.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, after seeing rest of the Clone Wars, I'm not sure when should I be afraid more of Mace Windu... with of without his lightsaber [Smile]

Other concepts however seems kinda... funny. I mean, Trade Federation... Stomper?

"Witness the power of our latest superweapon!"

"What does it do?"

"It flies and stomps on enemies." [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seismic Tank, yeah. I think it's a good concept, just fantastically hard to accomplish, engineering-wise.
The closest resemblance, in my opinion, is a cross between the old Sand Crawler and the Trade Federation's troop deployment ship.

They sure made Windu look great, clean form. Apparently they consulted a Wushu champion to get the techniques right.
The horisontal twirls in mid-air, very Kung Fu-ish. Mark Dacascos does it at least once in every one of his movies, if given the opportunity.

Making the Jedi/Sith martial arts a blend between the best of chinese and japanese styles was a very good decision.
I wonder if the hand/foot attacks Anakin did against Ventress were inspired, or just of "noname" style, like Kenobi's and Qui-Gon's kicks and punches against Maul.

Thoughts?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious as to whether they have martial arts consultants on Samurai Jack. Some of the stuff shown on there seems very familiar to some Wushu forms that I've seen.

If it's true, then they might have just used their experience from that show on Clone Wars. Or perhaps actually used the same consultants.

Oh, and that bit where big scary final episode bloke started spining his lightsabers around...that was just showing off.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The closest resemblance, in my opinion, is a cross between the old Sand Crawler and the Trade Federation's troop deployment ship.
It reminded me more of the World Devistators, from the Dark Empire comic.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A conscious design decision, most likely.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bail is like the "John" of Alderaan, and Antilles is the "Smith". Very common names. At least that's what I've heard as an explanation.

I was under the impression that Leia thought she was a natural Organa as well. At least at first. She obviously knew *something* when Luke asked her about her *real* mother, but she didn't know anything about Anakin / Vader.

I'm thinking she knows about Padme, but grew up with with Organa's wife essentially being her mom, given that Padme apparently dies sometime early in her childhood. She knows just enought o know that Organa's wife isn't her real mom. Perhaps she's under the impression that Padme was Organa's first wife, but I don't think that will actually be the case.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To blend the ongoing topics of Clone Wars martial arts and classic trilogy character prequel goodness...

I'm looking forward to seeing the young(er) Tarkin. They did a durn good job of casting there.

And I'm hoping we see a decent fight scene with Grievous' kapoera fighting style. Yummy.

--Jonah

P.S. Wouldn't an "editor's starter kit" DVD set be the best version in which to release the SW movies? Let the viewer pick the story elements, takes, and subplots they want? So you can have Luke's Anchorhead reunion with Biggs, or Beru's cut scenes from AOTC? And cut out the midichlorian lines? *sigh*

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What did Beru do or say in Aotc?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/cut_scenes/ep2/beru_vaporator.htm
http://www.starwarz.com/tbone/cut_scenes/ep2/beru_and_padme.htm

Heck, I've spent many hours wandering the cut/altered scenes section of this site. Most illuminating. [Big Grin] I recommend it.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.