Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$) (Page 7)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$)
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woah.
I thought that read "Beru uses a vibrator"!

Man, I need to get laid or more than four hours of sleep or something.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beru: "On Naboo� What's it like?"

Padm�: Oh - it's... very green. With lots of water. And trees. Not like here at all.

Beru: I think I like it here better.
*crushes vegetables in clenched fists*

Padm�: Maybe you'll come and see it one day.

Beru: I don't think so. I don't like to travel.
*breaks drinking glass in her hands while staring into moisture farmer calendar*

Wow, Lucas is one multi-layered director! Too bad it didn't make it into the film.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad the whole "ride a rhino" love scene did.

At least that was dropped in the IMAX version!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I need to get laid or more than four hours of sleep or something."

Stronger glasses? Sex therapy? Dyslexia counseling? Exploratory brain surgery?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I'll start with more sleep and more sex and follow additional treatment options as requred.

I dont wear glasses and the "sex therapy" idea has merit....now I just need the right councilor.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Councilor?? You have a thing for members of your city council? [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed something else in "Clone Wars", while showing it to a friend; in Mace Windu's chapter, one of the clone troopers caught in the sand shockwave emits a Wilhelm!

He's one of my oldest friends, we've made it a running gag to spot Wilhelms ever since the first time we watched "Raiders of the Lost Ark" together, back in -92..

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Negative 92? I had no idea you were that old.
Nim
Member # 205

Oh these fucking anglosaxons. '92 then! Adhere to my post!
Nim
Member # 205

I swear to God, if you and I were in the boat with Charon on the river Styx and I had to pay him gold coins to let us off, you'd babble nonsensical behind me to make me lose count.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope we get to see some of the Mace Windu clone-wars bad-assness rub off in the third movie.

I loved those supercharged sprints where everything around him blurs!

The bit at the end with the kid was a bit annoying... if you take it seriously... if you look at it as a joke i.e. Mace Windu - protector of innocent wide-eyed children - then it's funny.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Really? I wasn't so keen. It was pretty obvious that they'd just sped things up and added the blur effects to hide the bad animation.

I mean, Mace Windu as Sonic the Hedgehog? What's up with that?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just thought that bit with the kid was a homage or something to that sports commerical where some athlete drinks some fan-kids pop drink after a game and then tosses his towel at the kid....or something.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:

Really? I wasn't so keen. It was pretty obvious that they'd just sped things up and added the blur effects to hide the bad animation.

I mean, Mace Windu as Sonic the Hedgehog? What's up with that?

Well we've had Yoda as Sonic the Hedgehog - why not Mace... it's part of the Jedi training, y'know! [Big Grin]

No what I meant was - that it was cool to see the 'force sprint' or what ever you would call it - from the point of the person sprinting.

Did anyone else go 'oh no he lost his purple lightsabre!' after the first stomping bit?

Also it was interesting how the stomper/tank thing had elements of Jawa the Sandcrawler - maybe they stole/bought their tech from the Tech-guild/Commerce-Guild or whoever makes those robots.

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

The background story has it that the sand crawlers were very old machinery made by a long-gone race of entrepeneurs, mining Tatooine for minerals and such.
The business waned, as the people left and Jawas took over the sand crawlers.
They were built as independent, mobile refineries, I think. The jawas just use them as 18-wheelers, by the look of things.

AndrewR: Yes, the slow sprinting was nice.
The blur effects weren't added as cover-up, they were used to show when someone used the Force, so that it was distinguishable.
Psyliam, I suggest you watch the beginning of Phantom Menace again, when Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan escapes the Droidekas, they dash away in a blur from pretty much a stand-still, very nice.

I prefer that they make a "thing" out of using the force, instead of the rather anonymous stunts of the original trilogy.
When I was little and watched TESB and ROTJ, I didn't get how the hell Luke could suddenly do 10-feet backflips and balance on one hand, since nobody had explicitly stated that "The Force lets you run, jump and fight with increased strength, speed and also prescience against non-force users". When you're 7 you're not much of an abstract philosopher.

Back to Chapter 13: during the last THUMP from the Seismic Tank, Windu creates a slight Force Orb that protects him from the initial wind blast. The dust flows very distinctively around the Orb, I thought it was a nice touch.

And another thing in Chapter 20: when unarmed, Shaak Ti Force-deflects a saber attack, in much the same way that Vader absorbed Han Solo's blaster shots at Bespin. Quite nifty.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps