Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: Mon Mothma ("Clone Wars" $$$$, Episode III $$$$)
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Also, what WAS the real reason for Qui-Gon getting on his knees?"

Meditating, calming his mind, whathaveyou.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lot of good it did him. I'm just drawing the similarities between him and Luminara... gathering more force strength.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He just looked knackered to me.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he hadn't calmed himself then, he probably would've lasted even shorter.

Yes, Andrew, Zen-meditation, both to conserve strength, prepare for the next showdown and most importantly, shield himself from Maul's hatred and demoralizing efforts.

With Luminara and Offee, it was both gathering strength and conserving oxygen, I imagine. [Smile]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's always what I assumed. He was just calming himself and focusing his thoughts and power. Trying to stay away from the Darkside. You'll notice ObiWan did no such thing and sort of chomped at the bit the whole time. Likewise, Maul paced back and forth fueling his rage. Obi Wan came alot closer to the Dark side in his confrontation with Maul than Qui Gon did. But then, Obi Wan also walked away from his confrontation with Maul...

I read somewhere that the reason Maul was able to Force push Obi Wan into the pit was because he used Obi Wan's touching of the Dark side as a conduit for the attack. Obi Wan getting smacked in the face right beforehand probably didn't hurt either.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, his dip into the Dark Side was what almost cost him his life.
He made a reckless hands-over-head axe chop against Maul, which Maul of course parried and then Force-pushed him into the pit.
EDIT: Why you editing little...

*ahem*
Everything that happened after that, starting from Obi-Wan's hanging from the knob can be explained thus;
On monday in LucasVille, at the last day of script-writing for the Maul-duel, the martial arts-savvy and saber-wise writer got the flue, and the janitor in the building was forced to finish the scene and get Obi-Wan out of his pickle.

See, the original writer of course knew that a person jumping over his opponent and attempting to beat him with a six foot wide side-sweep of his saber was going to get killed as hell.
Now, the janitor on the other hand, was a Douglas Fairbanks-buff.

*gesticulates in air, washing his hands of the whole affair*

Are we clear?

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just say it would have been a fine Fatality move for a "Mortal Kombat" game and leave it at that. B)
Nim
Member # 205

True, true. And it was the first ever body-cleaving in Star Wars, for what it's worth.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm that got me thinking... did Vader have his own torso? Maybe Obi Wan pulls that little stunt again??

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only edit I made was the additional of that Force-Push-Dark-Side-Conduit part at the end... which I remembered after I posted... is that what you're talking about, Nim? [Confused]

Yah... I yell at Maul everytime I see that scene. "Kill Him!!! He's just hanging in the air! KILL HIM!!!!"

But oh well.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
Member # 205

It turned out your last line said what my first line said. No biggie.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Ah [Smile]
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Well, did Vader have a torso/lower part of his body? Would be neat continuity.
Nim
Member # 205

From what I've gathered, his head, his left arm and his torso are his.
The jury is out on his legs (I'm going on Curtis Saxton here), but his head, left and spine are definitely his own.
It is the damage to his neck-vertebrae that has screwed up his breathing, as all selfrespecting sciffy-nerds know.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be neat when Darth Vader is on the covers of GQ and Teen People and Young Girls Masturbatory Monthly.

Star Wars is so keen, with the integrity and the quality.

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.