Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Forum Description Bandwagon (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Forum Description Bandwagon
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, contest is over, winner was Omega's quote, with a semantical alteration to match the original movie quote.

Lee: "for the more civilized ages" is what Alec Guiness literally said.

Runner-ups were TSN with "The only forum to make the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs", and Bond, James Bond with "TK-421, why aren't you writing a post?".

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It still sounds like "a". And it's hard to tell whether that 's'-like sound at the end is actually an 's' or not, since the file cuts off there.
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd go with "a" if it were up to me.

Which of course it isn't.

[ July 12, 2004, 01:27 AM: Message edited by: Jay the Obscure ]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It does sound like "An elegant weapon for the more civilized ages" on the .wav file to me, but that just blows.

I'd just go for "An elegant weapon for a more civilized age" because it sounds better and that's what everyone thinks he says anyway.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And it'll REALLY annoy the rabid Warsies. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There, consensus providis.

Right then, little piggiewigglers, it's been fun, I'll see you when Episode III premiers...

Oh yes; T-Minus 21 days and counting.
Thought I'd let you off the hook, didn't you, Lee?

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, threatened by a Swede, how unscary. What you gonna do meatball-boy, lightly birch me? 8)

--------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WATCH OUT FOR WILD STRAWBERRIES!

Smultronst�llet!

Nim
Member # 205

Only one who may birch anyone in here is either me or Dolph.
*vroom vroom*
That'd be Dolph.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
And it'll REALLY annoy the rabid Warsies. 8)

Rabid Warsies?
I've always known Star Wars fans to be (snicker) level-headed, well adjusted members of (ha HA!) society and....

Oh fuck it: they're all nuts.

Unlike Trek fans, of course.

I'm currently fostering anarchy and possible anuresms over at SSM in their ongoing "Wars vs. Trek" thread of circular argument.

Ahhhhhh....it's so good to be so evil. [Smile]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, definitely. I understand that, before the whole anti-Semitism thing, the Third Reich was founded on the principle of taunting science fiction fans.
Lee
Member # 393

Ein geek, ein dork, ein vedgie!

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not WWII: we're talking more WWI.
Recall that a small group of supposedly non-aligned "anarchists" were responsible.

Not that that idea ever set well with me.

besides, it's amusing to see Warsies try to explain Lucas' lack of plausable jargon in ANH.
".5 past lightspeed" indeed. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
Member # 393

Parsecs as a measurement of time, what a hoot!

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps