Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone who knows more on Lucas's very early drafts for Star Wars can correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe he delved into the history of the Sith a bit in those. That's where the basic premise came from, and they expanded on it greatly in the comics.

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason: "So, someone's already tried to explain things....not that Lucas read those stories, mind you."

Lucas & Co endorse the works of Dark Horse Comics, making sure info on characters and locations are consistent with the movies and giving new material to spruce the comic stories up. That doesn't mean they must add as much of it as they can to the movies in order to please the comic readers.
The comics, the games and the books are companions to the saga, not pacekeepers.
As we saw with the Outrider in ANH (from a PC-game), Assaj Ventress and Durge in the Clone Wars miniseries (from comics), they do add things that they think will add to the story.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucas looks at nothing, his little secretaries make sure facts are okay, according to their reference books, while Lucas masturbates on a pile of hundred dollar bills.

Way to go, Star Wars Fans, that's what you support.

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also: The Outrider in ANH, things like that don't add anything to the story, they just make Star Wars nerds masturbate on a pile of carboard backings from action figures of stupid people nobody's heard of.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is heresay and damn poem. What Lucas masturbates to is sealed and governed by top men.
Top. Men.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TEH SIHT R LIEK TEH DRAK OPOPISET FO TEH JDEI THEIR BAD GUYZ TAHTS WYH TEHY TAEK REVNEGE TEH JDEI WUD NEVAR DO TAHT

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Bond, James Bond
Member # 1127

- posted      Profile for Bond, James Bond     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the pic is obscured by writing, but this directory from the San Diego Comic-Con has a shot of the battle over Coruscant between the Seperatist and Republic forces.

-

--------------------
"You must talk to him; tell him that he is a good cat, and a pretty cat, and..." -- Data
"I will feed him" -- Worf (Phantasms)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, as expected, someone's been masturbating on it.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!![/hammill]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim the Merciful:
Ah yes, it is a good title, isn't it?
Originally, Episode 6 was to be named "Revenge of the Jedi" in 1983, but it was changed in the end because revenge isn't a favorable trait in Jedi, so it became "Return".

Actually it was because The Wrath of Khan was originally titled 'The Vengeance of Khan' when Episode VI was still 'Revenge of the Jedi' and they both ended up changing to avoid confusion with the other.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Member # 239

Holy Christ in a handbasket, I loved that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, I did.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the real reason (according to George Lucas in The Annotated Screenplays), was that the title was supposed to be "Return of the Jedi" from the start--and the movie was made under the code name "Revenge of the Jedi" (along with "Blue Harvest"). However, FOX began promoting the film sooner than they wanted.

This was a useful way in smoking out pirated merchandise, as well.

--------------------
Meh

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should be interesting to watch.

--------------------
The Poster formally known as Tec.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That runs counter to experience.

TAKE THAT GEORGE LUCAS@!!

(Wil Wheaton is totally going to be in KOTOR 2.)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps