Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Triumf of the Wil!
Also: I am now cynic-sensing body snatcher.
*points at Sol* "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

I must get KOTOR1 posthaste, forthwith and tout suite. Which class is the best? Which is bloody awful?
Hold on, I'll get separate thread for this.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The classes don't really matter, because you'll want to end up as a Jedi, and you'll have access to all nine of your crew members (fighters, rogues and droids and whatnot) at any time, so you can pick and choose based on mission objective.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim the Merciful:
Ah yes, it is a good title, isn't it?
Originally, Episode 6 was to be named "Revenge of the Jedi" in 1983, but it was changed in the end because revenge isn't a favorable trait in Jedi, so it became "Return".

Story goes - as I've read it: Star Trek II: "The Revenge of Kahn" was the original TWOK name... conflict arose "Revenge of the Jedi" changed to "Return of the Jedi", "Wrath of Kahn" used instead, anyway.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
Actually, the real reason (according to George Lucas in The Annotated Screenplays), was that the title was supposed to be "Return of the Jedi" from the start--and the movie was made under the code name "Revenge of the Jedi" (along with "Blue Harvest"). However, FOX began promoting the film sooner than they wanted.

This was a useful way in smoking out pirated merchandise, as well.

So that 'Revenge of the Sith' t-shirt that starwars.com are selling "in commemoration" of the limited release of the "Revenge of the Jedi" style t-shirts in, like 1983 - is really based on pirted merchandise?

Lucas is full of faeces. The only smoke around was the smoke being blown up his arse. [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Story goes - as I've read it: Star Trek II: "The Revenge of Kahn" was the original TWOK name... conflict arose "Revenge of the Jedi" changed to "Return of the Jedi", "Wrath of Kahn" used instead, anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
Actually it was because The Wrath of Khan was originally titled 'The Vengeance of Khan' when Episode VI was still 'Revenge of the Jedi' and they both ended up changing to avoid confusion with the other.

quote:
Originally posted by Veers:
Actually, the real reason (according to George Lucas in The Annotated Screenplays), was that the title was supposed to be "Return of the Jedi" from the start--and the movie was made under the code name "Revenge of the Jedi" (along with "Blue Harvest"). However, FOX began promoting the film sooner than they wanted.

This was a useful way in smoking out pirated merchandise, as well.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO IT WAS STAR TREK: KHAN IT BE KHAN? AND THEN STAR WARS: WE WALK ON EWOK.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Hmmm TWOK and EWOK? A subtle dig?

--------------------

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Lucas totally and purposely named those fluffy furry fucks after the abbreviation of the title of a competing SF movie. Totally.

BECAUSE HE IS A SPITEFUL MAN.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Those phloughy smurfs are what enabled ordinary people like you and me to go on and blow the core and, subsequently, win the game.
Their tribe also served as morale strengthener after the rebels expanded their presence in the sector, like Saigon.
*female ewok in chock-pink bikini* "Ooteenee, Ooty, hello big strong man."

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
Yes, Lucas totally and purposely named those fluffy furry fucks after the abbreviation of the title of a competing SF movie. Totally.

Yes, totally.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps