Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Knights Of The Ol' Republic (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Knights Of The Ol' Republic
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you notice this?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU TIM

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't let them get to you, Cartman, focus on my quostians. There is no spoon.

Manjuice's emoticon puzzles me, though.
I have neither started sleeping in an oxygen-tent nor bought a chimp, so he can't be meaning that I've lost my fundamentals?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MAYBE HE WAS DEPRESSED ABOUT WORLD WAR 3

And the answers to your questions will come. But not yet. Not yet.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need to brush up on my Fanboy. I'm starting to have trouble with simple phrases like 'teh suck'..

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earlman: "And the answers to your questions will come. But not yet. Not yet."

Don't bury my figurines at the center of the Coliseum, please. And when will the answers come?

You can add this question to the batch: Is clothing, facial features and saber design configurable, like in "Jedi Academy"?

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
Member # 256

Hao, blackjack.

(OK, OK, I had, like, totally gambled that you were going to buy the game before knowing the answers, so I could skimp on my responsibility of giving them. Damn you.)

Ahem. So.

Unarmed combat: no. You'll have to wait for the sequel for that.

Implants: don't think too much of them, they're just traditional RPG stat-raisers in a cyberpunkish trench coat.

Faces and clothes: yes, those are customizable, though not quite on the same level as, say, EVE. Saber hilt design and blade color can also be personalized, but it's fairly basic.

WILL THAT BE ALL FOR NOW, SIR?

Nim
Member # 205

Yes, you may retire, tomorrow will be a long day. I'll fetch the brandy-snifter myself, it's ok.

(I will buy it soon, and I'll take screencaps that will make you blush)

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I'm resurrecting an old thread. Again. In your face, 2006.

No, but I'm re-obsessed with KoTOR and doing the glitches and stuff and wondered if anyone else stumbled into the same pit. For those who don't know (we'll call them rational human beings with social lives), basically it's possible to make your entire party Jedis (it is awesome to see Zaalbar swing a lightsaber) and also to artificially bump up your Attribute Points and get crazy feats and Force Powers really early in the game... Just really time-consuming. Anyone else "hack" KoTOR?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently picked KOTOR up from a used game tore for cheap. Never played it. Loving it. Still stuck on the first planet though, after three weeks of occasional play. I'm going to assume you get OFF of it at some point. [Wink]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a program called KoTOR Modding Tool I think. It let's you do all kinds of crazy things. There are also some fan made items that open up a kind of cheat menu. I find it's more fun to just give your character a little boost in abilities at the start of the game, then allow it to progress normally.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
I'm going to assume you get OFF of it at some point. [Wink]

Hey Mark, you do get off that planet eventually. But it does take a REALLY long time. I remember thinking "Is this it? Is this the game?" my first time through. The rest of the game goes a bit faster and while there are some choke points (nyuk, nyuk) the vistas tend to be a bit more satifying than, say, Taris Underworld.
Nim
Member # 205

Aaah kotor. When I started this thread I was but the student.

Mark: Hang in there, once you get your free pick of planets it's all good, ol' buddy. Getting the first lightsaber is a nice ceremony.

I've played the follow-up, "Sith Lords", more times than I can remember. I've still got one build that's the best yet, always something you can improve on. Hitting dark side mastery before even leaving the first planet.

I always play dark nowadays. Once you go Darth, you can't go, um, barth.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I gotta replay KOTOR 1 and 2 someday. Right now I re-obsessed with Battlefront 2 now that I added this mod which adds more gamemodes to the stock maps. I played Hoth in the Clone Wars era and rode around in Prototype-ish AT-ST. Kewl.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe it's called an AT-RT or All Terrain Recon Transport.

Who here would agree that Batlefront 2 wasn't as good as the first? Sure the Jedi/heroes were neat, but I did better playing as a regular soldier. The space battles were fun for a while but they were pretty repetitive. And the AI seemed a little more intelligent in the first one.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps