Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Knights Of The Ol' Republic (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Knights Of The Ol' Republic
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bX:
Hey Mark, you do get off that planet eventually. But it does take a REALLY long time. I remember thinking "Is this it? Is this the game?" my first time through. The rest of the game goes a bit faster and while there are some choke points (nyuk, nyuk) the vistas tend to be a bit more satifying than, say, Taris Underworld. [/QB]

Thanks, I'll look forward to it then. And also to not having to brighten my TV screen every time I go one level deeper in this place...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's my Yanna, after finishing a successful Critical Strike upon a hapless Sith disciple.

-

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Da_bang80:
I believe it's called an AT-RT or All Terrain Recon Transport.

Um...no it's called the AT-XT

It's from the Clone Wars video game. The AT-RT comes in the standard, un-modded version of BF2.

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, I see. Ok. I heard of the AT-XT, didn't know that was what you meant. I'm still waiting for a mod that lets you play as Princess Leia slave girl. That would be hawt...

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think somebody did make a slave Leia, but I don't she ever found her way into a mod. I'll find out later.
Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a Slave-girl outfit in Kotor 2. Delectable.
Da_bang80
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya, I noticed that. I tried using the KoTOR mod tool to change a male characters body type into a female characters while still maintaining the male character gameplay. That way I got to wear the slave outfit, and have wild lesbian sex with all the female NPC's you picked up. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I can't seem to get a girlfriend. WTF?

So after much labor and experimentation, my main characters are ridiculously overpowered with big Attribute bonuses and crazy VP and FP. It's fun taking on all the Mandalorians in solo mode. I've discovered that the game doesn't like to let you triple-class once you're a Jedi. So that for characters who started out as Jedi (Bastilla, Juhani and Jolee) while you can cross-class with another Jedi, trying to add the fake level beyond that seems to lock up the game. At least on Dantooine.

Nim
Member # 205

I miss Dantooine, haven't played the first one for years. I wonder if I'll have time to play it through one last time before the new one is released by LucasArts.

Yes, staying with two levels in Jedi classes prevents the "Jack of all trades, master of none".

Are you playing good or bad?

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh bad to the bone this time. It's funny (to me), the first time through I'd go through the conversations a couple times to see if I could maximise light side points, and now I'm doing the opposite. Just universally being a total dick. I'm worried that'll mean I won't be able to get some of the NPC side quests though. (How many times can I tell Mission that she should quit whining and shut her cake hole?)

Oh Dantooine, it's really nice there. Not sure I get the gasbag manta rays, but, mmm, peaceful.

It would be awesome if you could fake level triple-class with a Counselor and get those 2 forcepowers every time or just accumulate them using the Attribute method, but I suppose I'll have to settle for just ridiculously overpowered. As a Level 4 Scout/Level 3 Jedi Sentinel with most of his Stats in the 30s, my PC already has Force Lightning, Death Field and pretty much all the Feats.

Nim
Member # 205

You go back to Dantooine in "Sith Lords", I see I was thinking of Tatooine, I liked the dunes and sun.

You shouldn't be evil all the time to all the party members just to keep with the dark side line (even though it's fun), you mostly only have to agree with the evil ones in reasoning and arguments (47, the mandalorian etc). If you are bitchy to Carth and Bastila you shoot yourself in the foot, they can lead to good things. Representing the dark side in their dialogues isn't so much being angry or obnoxious as trying to lead them into giving up their ethics, their convictions.

A good thing is to plan it so that if you're going to talk nice to a party member to get something out of him/her but get light side points, do it just before going on a mission that will net you evil points.
Although the mastery bonuses can be slightly overrated, especially late in the game, it is nice to be thorough.

quote:
my PC already has Force Lightning, Death Field and pretty much all the Feats.
That's good, also on big crowds the Fear-tree is good. Sure, the lightning takes care of them fast, but with *fear they stand there mortified, waiting for you.

Also, regarding my "PC", I think it has jedi mind trick, since I'm sitting so much in front of it. Hee.
(Oh god I'm soft and seasoned cmprd to 2005. *sigh*)

Spontaneous Pose #2
 -

Da_bang80
Member # 528

My computer can't handle Dantooine very well for some reason. As soon as I get out in the fields where all the action takes place my computer starts chugging away, and my characters start running really really fast all over the place. Same thing happens with the big temple on the last planet. Odd is what it is.

$$$$$Possible Spoilers$$$$$$$$$$$$

How many people were surprised at the giant plot twist after Bastila got caught by Darth No-jaw? (his real name escapes me at the moment)

I knew the game was hinting at something earlier on, but I didn't figure it out before then. And when I found out, I was like: WHAT!?!?!?!?!

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Good old Malak, and nice that you were properly entertained by it.
The dantooine bug is very well-known and recorded, it should be adressed if you patch the game up to the latest version. Worked for me.

Malak is nice, if only he'd have dressed darker, he'd been purfeck. I like his signature saber-twirl before a fight. Didn't know the game engine could pull that sort of thing off until I saw it.

Da_bang80
Member # 528

Ya, the game engines actually pretty flexible, if you know how to talk to it.

Did you know about the little saber twirl trick with the X button? If you press it rapidly the sabers start to spin like helicoptor blades.

--------------------

Nim
Member # 205

I'm on PC but yes, the "Flourish"-button is nice.
There is a Jedi Master in "Sith Lords" who does a nice scripted thing with his two-hander.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps