Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » ? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: ?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but why doesn't this projection look like other projections we've seen? That looks like they just dropped the opacity on a Photoshop layer.

And the least they could've done is put Hayden in old man makeup. Or use an image of McGregor and the young Yoda puppet. Consistancy is all I ask for.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree whole-heartedly with you Aban. They aren't being consistent. The whole POINT of it is the rise, fall, and redemption of Annakin Skywalker - and the end of the ROTJ had that - him as an OLD MAN with the aid of his son. He may have turned back in ROTS but he 'died'/'became one with the force' etc. at the end of ROTJ.

And reguards the title, I've told two people - both unrelated and different - they both said after I told them "Revenge of the Sith" they said... "Revenge of the Nerds". [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they implying that the Sith are nerds?

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
but why doesn't this projection look like other projections we've seen? That looks like they just dropped the opacity on a Photoshop layer.

And the least they could've done is put Hayden in old man makeup. Or use an image of McGregor and the young Yoda puppet. Consistancy is all I ask for.

I agree....Christensen should've been aged via makeup.

The Emperor's hologram is waaaay too crisp, but, hey, he should have the very best holoprojector so...

Jabba still looks like shit: not even vaguely like there's a big sluggo alien there.

The awful Ewok song may well cause me to leave the theatre early- it's replacment with good music is the one redeeming feature of the current S.E.

It could be far worse though: I heard a rumor a while back that Hayden would be in makeup as helmet-less Vader for the "redemption" scene in RTOJ.
Thankfully, that has not come to pass. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They did that, they'd HAVE to have Vader vaporise or transmogrify or discombobulate or whatever it's called. Given his wooden acting, it'd be the only way anyone could tell he was supposed to be dead.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the quality of some of the shots, according to an "insider" on theforce.net, the images from those links are rough and unfinished. ILM is supposedly going to put a great deal of effort into making the final shots fit with the original footage, unlike when they did the '97 special editions, which were basically "tests" for what could potentially be done with a project such as this.

I really wouldn't have any problem with this if the original versions were being released as well, but as it stands, I'm rather pissed at Lucas for trying to replace the films that shaped modern popular culture and have been beloved by fans for decades. Bleh.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lest we forget, there is the thirtieth anniversary of the first film's release in 1977. I am thinking here that Mr. Lucas hasn't completed his revisions just yet. As he succintly put it, a film is never finished, just a thing in flux.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What he needs is a swift kick in the flux.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What good would that do? You'd just scare him away, then he'll certainly never listen to fan wishes again... [Frown]

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, if it was a hard enough kick, he would.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A BOOT COVERED IN MONEY
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well pardon us, Mr. Gucci loafers.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucas listening to fans is like Bermbraga listening to fans.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Far far less.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

POsted over at SSM:
quote:

Ways Lucas could screw up Episode III:

11. Show Amidala being artificially inseminated by C3P0.
10. Have Greedo's father shoot Han's father.
9. Have the Empire invade the planet of Erak on the pretext that they have weapons of mass destruction.
8. Anakin shouting at the end, "I'll get you, Obi Wan, if it's the last thing I do!"
7. Forgetting the whole plot and killing Anakin and Yoda.
6. Tell the actors and actresses that they were over-emoting during the last two movies, and they should act with less excitement.
5. End the movie with the Sith holding a large celebratory barbecue in the woods, with fireworks bursting overhead.
4. Cast John Stamos and Dave Coulier as Luke and Leia's Uncle Jesse and Uncle Joey
3. Have the actors make light sabre and blaster sound effects themselves
2. Have the incident that finally pushes Anakin over to the dark side, be the Jedi Council making fun of his new haircut
1. Entitle it Revenge of the Sith, and continue to write and direct it on his own.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.