Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » One thing never really discussed in RotJ. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: One thing never really discussed in RotJ.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
One question first: what happens with the matter that was vaporized?

It was turned into vapor, inhaled and caused severe ling damage to all nearby.
It's why Boba Fett wears that goofy helmet.....and why Vader's resperation is so labored.
Tusken Raider particles are murder on the lungs after a few years (it's why they wear those goofy masks).
I'm not saying they excrete harmful particles, but man, they probably smell really bad.
Lousy arabs, always kidnapping white wome...er...did I say "arabs"?
I meant "sand people".....yeah, George, "sand people". [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
You're free to define it that way for yourself, but if you think there's anything approaching consensus on this issue you're wrong. Genres aren't real in that idealized, forms in heaven sense, for one thing.

I know I am late here, but actually, in the Star Wars circles i hang out in (theforce.net, etc..), the consensus IS that Star Wars is "Science Fantasy" and doesnt have any real basis in real science.

Its pretty much futile to try to analyze Star Wars from a scientific perspective.

Theres a fantasy aspect to the series that other scifi (Star Trek, Stargate, etc) doesnt have.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet....those same circles will drone on and on about technological superiority over other genres when it suits them.
Yes, it's pointless but most debate over fictional tech is.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the and, I think that Endor survived precisely because of all those big chunks and lots of debris.

Why? It's simple. Impact of big chunks would've an almost immediate catastrophic impact on the area with Rebel commandos, and small debris would've shielded surface from light.

The fact that we can see trees standing straight and stars while standing on the moon surface, several hours after DS2 explosion certainly suggests that either debris rain was not as deadly as it seemed, or that Rebel fleet indeed managed to shield Endor against most of the damage.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention THERE WERE TWO AMAZING MOVIES WITH EWOKS ON THEM!!

Which must have occured post Jedi, of course, because otherwise would Wicket have freaked out, if he remembered that little girl and the Wilford Brimley and the speedy rat-monkey?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps