Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Hoth Hanger Layout (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Hoth Hanger Layout
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to find a layout, or schematic of the interior of Hoth's fighter hanger - namely, the locations of the Tauntaun pen, the Falcon, the snowspeeders, X-wings and Y-wings and their positions in relation to each other.

I did a search on Google, but I keep finding diaoramas for action figures and files for BF 1942. Grrr.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Search on "Echo Base", it'll work better.

The new book "Inside the Worlds of the Star Wars Trilogy" by Dorling Kindersley (out this fall I think) will cover Hoth, with at least a map of the battle of Hoth.
You may get lucky with Echo Base itself as well, as I've even seen pics of the AT-AT deployment ships and such.

http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2004/04/news20040406.html

I've got all the DK SW books, I just love the paintings. I will definitely get this one.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a diagram in a Star Wars tech journal I have, but unfortunately it's at home.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen the "Insde the Worlds..." book. It's got cutaway diagrams of all the major bases, and maps of the major worlds in the OT, including Yavin, Hoth, Bespin and both Death Stars. The maps of the various battles' progression are notably cool.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, but is our wayward son Frank credited in this one?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, I just watched the opening of ESB again today. When Han rides into the hanger on his taun-taun, there are X-Wings to his right in alcoves. Behind those, you can see more alcoves, with more X-wings ... that's something I'd never noticed before. Was that a change for the SE DVDs, or was that present in the original version of the film? Can anyone check?

(My VCR is, uh, not hooked up).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't notice anything new. Perhaps this is one of the many things you don't notice with the pan & scan edition of the movies most of us were raised with. I certainly relished seeing all the zillions of details you couldn't when a third fo the picture is hacked off.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Mark,

Do you have the old THX versions on VHS or laserdisc? Think you might be able to check?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Nguyen:
I didn't notice anything new. Perhaps this is one of the many things you don't notice with the pan & scan edition of the movies most of us were raised with. I certainly relished seeing all the zillions of details you couldn't when a third fo the picture is hacked off.

Mark

Like the stormtrooper bonking his head on the door. [Big Grin]

I have a widescreed version of the originals; I'll take a look later today and see if those extra x-wings are there. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't, though--that would have been a lot of life-sized mock-ups.

Or maybe it was a matte painting. Never mind.

Marian

This random sig quote is brought to you by Doonesbury:
"It must be hard working with amputees. My daddy's therapist is very sad."
"How do you know, honey?"
"He says she's a total sadist."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I was thinking it was probably either a matte painting or some digital wonder work. I'd NEVER noticed it before - really gave the hanger a much larger appearance.

Oh - and Nim? That cross-section book doesn't have the right layout of the Hanger! There's an X-wing pointed RIGHT at the door in the movie (the one Leia is standing by when Derlin tells her they "must close the shield doors"), but it's not in the cross-section. Tsk-tsk.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Thanks, Marian [Smile]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, technically, it's tomorrow, but I didn't forget. [Smile]

I did, however, misremember. My non-special edition tapes are not widescreen. But what I could make out of the original, and in the VHS tape SE, I didn't see the second row you described.

Marian

This random sig quote is brought to you by Brian Daley:
"A good punchline is itself a victory over those who would destroy you."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I'm glad you didn't forget! Did you get a chance to see the DVD scene?

Hey: my DVD software doesn't allow me to take screencaps. Would someone be so good as to take screencaps of when Han Solo first rides into Echo Base?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

A screencap at 4:33 would be great.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... 4:33 features Chewie welding something on Falcon...

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps