Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » Where can I find good SW EP I and EP II ship schematics online? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Where can I find good SW EP I and EP II ship schematics online?
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ever since Gilso closed, I have not been able to find SW ship schematics as good as his. Can anyone help me out??

Perhaps he still lurks around here and might contribute via email??

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No replies? Not even to bust my chops for asking? hmmmm

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, I guess not.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the available schematics only concern the old things, star destroyers, tie fighters and x-wings, the newer ships have only been done in 3d ultra resolution cutaway graphs and paintings (Illustrated Guides from D-K).
Or insanely-colored lightwave/3DMAX models.

Nobody seems to want to "regress" to classic sideview/dorsal/frontal black-white schematics anymore, it's quite the pity.
I myself have been looking for clean schematics of the Acclamator Class cruiser we saw first in AOTC, but to no avail.

*sniph* Hmm, has someone been chopping onions?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Search for stuff from West End Games: the SW:RPG always had amazing schematic views of the ships (as well as size-comparison charts!) in their sourcebooks.

The Heir To The Empire sourcebook is worth buying for the techie stuff alone.

Alas, I gave mine away, whilst moving, years ago.

Just dont use anything from the "Essential Guide to Vehicles" as it's so full of errors that the comics are more accurate for reference.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Irishman
Member # 1188

Jason,

Unfortunately I already have the EGtV&V, which is laughably bad, and doesn't have Ep. I & II ships (although I know the "New" edition has")

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a thread up over at SSM looking for the WEG material for you: I'd like it as well now that you have me thinking on it.

SSM is having a "Star Wars" ship building contest now and I'm in search of inspiration.
I was considering doing the Skipray Blastboat, but I'm going to go with a original design instead.
Just gathering ideas and parts now though: the deadline is March!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats the SSM?

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

StarShipModeler.com

My other online home and the best source for amazing models of scifi subjects.
Check out their gallery for some great builds and original designs.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SSM be da bomb, yo.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! They took away the entry with the dreadnought from the "Honor Harrington" universe.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Entry from what contest?
All the old contests are archived: you are probably thinking of the one from the "Battlewagons" contest.
Here: http://www.spacemodelmania.com/models/contest6/scratch_23.htm

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Intruder1701
Member # 880

- posted      Profile for Intruder1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
I've got a thread up over at SSM looking for the WEG material for you: I'd like it as well now that you have me thinking on it.

SSM is having a "Star Wars" ship building contest now and I'm in search of inspiration.
I was considering doing the Skipray Blastboat, but I'm going to go with a original design instead.
Just gathering ideas and parts now though: the deadline is March!

Do you still need the WEG material?? I pretty much have just about all the old source books

--------------------
"Who cares if we bomb a few hospitals, it just means we got them a second time" Warrant Officer Robert Clift, CVN-71 OEF

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Heck yeah!
I just need the fleet comparison stuff and mabye the Skipray Blastboat specs...

Oh! Do you have the old "Stock Light Freighters" book?
I sooo need a couple of scans from that!

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Intruder1701
Member # 880

You mean Guide to the Galaxy 6 tramp freighters, yeah I have that. Just let me know what all you need and I will try and find it for you

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps