Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » What you looking forward to most? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: What you looking forward to most?
David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Sol. Hayden's built more like a baseball player.

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Padme the cheerleader? I don't think so... more like Padme the one with the bad taste that ultimately killed her.

It's not like it's the first time women pick homicidal maniacs that turn on them.

I'm looking foward to a scene where Hayden doesn't sound like he's having a wet dream. That Ep. II scene made everyone laugh in the theatre.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my doubt was more along the lines of: any self respecting football team would give Anakin a swirly and then toss him in a dumpster.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can no longer blame Hayden Christensen for Ep II.

Watch a movie called Shattered Glass and see him do a bang-up job as...well...a whiney, immature, conniving, lying fucko.
Pretty good acting though- I really hated him by the movie's end.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
a whiney, immature, conniving, lying fucko
So, not typecast then.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...not the same kind of whiney, immature, conniving, lying fucko.

He's actually likable at the film's start, and you feel sorta bad for him as al his lies are revealed in painful slowness by his editor.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm not looking forward to this, but I want/expect to see:

C-3P0 and R2D2 getting either a full or partial memory wipe. In ANH 3P0 didn't know appear to recognize Tatooine, nor did he appear to recognize the Skywalker name. Kinda odd since Anakin Skywalker built him on Tatooine.

But, I suspect this point will be overlooked.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they'll cover the memory wipe. Then again... they may just leave it to be assumed by the viewer that it happened... who knows.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that Lucus has said that they will have their memories wiped.

Not that it matters. There are certainly plenty of ways around it (it happens off camera, Threepio is lying through his teeth), and I hate stories that pause to explain pointless fanfacts.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I expect C-3PO to get a memory wipe, but I suspect that R2-D2 escapes with a bit more of his (its?) memory intact. It did seem a little strange that R2 had a fairly good idea of where Obi-Wan could be found on Tatooine, although I suppose Leia may have known. I just like the idea of R2, with his somewhat limited communication abilities, quietly holding all these big secrets in his memory banks.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah, I've always kind of wondered if R2 wasn't a little more clued in to everything than 3PO too...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I understand why 3P0 was split up from the others in Cloud City, otherwise the whole plot would've gone to hell.

Han&Leia: GASP!

Vader: We would be honored if you wou- ...Threepio???

3P0: Maker???

Vader: *tear rolls down cheek, exploding helmet*

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would think that Obi-Wan would have recognized the two droids.

On the other hand, droids are pretty ubiquitous.

Personally, one of my PM gripes is that it was completely unnecessary to have Anakin be C-3P0's creator. He could have been on Amadala's ship the whole time. Especially since the saga was to be told from the droid's point of view.

As an aside... We saw a Protocol Droid on the Trade Federation ship in the opening scenes. Anakin a standard-looking (well, after he gets his skin) Protocol Droid. Does this mean you can buy them in kits from Droid-O Shack or something?

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With regards to Obi-Wan and the droids, I think the prequels show very little interaction between him and them. C-3PO was left on Tatooine up until near the end of Episode II, with Obi-Wan having met him only once. The only one Obi-Wan might have seen with any frequency was R2. But between Episodes I and II, which are separated by several years, he may have only interacted with the droid a couple times. Unless there's some major change in this trend in Episode III, it's not that surprising that he wouldn't recognize two droids with designations and bodies similar to those of their mass-produced brethren.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Or maybe he did recognize them. Especially after Luke said their names in Ep 4. It wouldn't be beyond belief to imagine that he just neglected to mention he knew them. It would've gotten into a whole part of the story he didn't want Luke to know about just yet.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.