Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » What you looking forward to most? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: What you looking forward to most?
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, it could be that he was being coy when he said he didn't remember them. Afterall, he was a hunted man, and this was the son of the dude who wiped out all your buddies. Even though Luke didn't know it. He also lied to Luke when he said that Vader killed his father. Or maybe he did a Jedi mind trick on himself to wipe HIS memory.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like how unbelievably small the galaxy seems to be?
How you're certain to run into every fucker you've ever met again and again?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Groundhog Day Universe?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mabye Obi-Wan's moment of sensing "millions of souls being snuffed out" refers to Lucas changing the storm-troopers into clones...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

That is one of the things I was wondering. In IV, when Luke busts into Leia's cell she says "Kinda short for a trooper aren't you" or something similar. There were also two troopers talking chit-chat when ObiWan disabled the tractor beam. I never have gotten the feeling that the clones were much more than automatons. So are there ranks of troopers who are not clones? Are most of the clones killed off in the wars?

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, just because a guy's decanted in a test tube he can't read Speeder & Driver? For shame.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

They did not seem real chatty at the breakfast table though...

I figure at least some of the troopers had to be conscripts- the pilots anyway (as Luke was wanting to join the flight academy).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would you think the pilots are clones? Or, rather, why do the Stormtroopers have to also be the pilots?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they wear the same outfits but they are like totally black dude which is the coolest colour.

Surely the fact that the Stormtroopers didn't sound Australian showed that at least some weren't clones?

I hate this argument.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well would you rather the clones ran around corners shouting "Hold your position!", "Enemy spotted" and "Roger that"?

And Temuera is maori, not aboriginal.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Did Lucas not replace all the trooper's dialogue in the revised-revised SE?
I heard he intended to (though I dont really watch my "normal" special editions and I'm sure not buying the new ones on DVD anytime soon).

I know he replaced Boba Fetts meager lines (thus Jeremy Brett's status as a sci-fi convention staple is put at risk).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Maybe Lucas intends to replace all of us with movie-watching clones that will stand inline two weeks before the premier brandishing plastic lightsabres

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think he replaced the Troopers' voices. Ep 4 is only one I've seen of the brand new super editions and I was listening for that. Don't know about Boba Fett, though, as I haven't seen ESB yet. I guess it would make sense.

I would imagine, though, that after the Clone Wars, the stock of Clone Troopers was pretty well depleted, and something tells me that the cloners on Kamino wouldn't really want to fund a galactic civil war. Or maybe they started putting easter eggs in the clones, like, if anyone says "lightsaber", all the clones that hear it start wetting themselves and swearing at Palpatine Terrets style.

Either way, I think the ranks were probably opened up to include non-clones sometime after the clone wars.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Mabye the Kaminoloids are secretly responsible for the Stormtroopers exceptionally poor targeting skills.
(pictures thousands of crosseyed Jango clones).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A major continuity gaffe.
In Return of the Jedi, Luke and Leia are having a private intimate chat on Endor prior to Luke meeting his father. In this conversation, Luke asks Leia for if she remembered her biological mother and what she knew. Leia responds that she does remember her mother and has impressions of her being "very sad". If Amidala dies in the next movie giving birth, then how did Leia have memories of her mother?

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps