Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » What you looking forward to most? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: What you looking forward to most?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On my way to the Historic Senator Theater in Baltimore this afternoon, to buy my tickets to "Revenge of the Sith", I came up with the perfect way to prove that the Empire relies exclusively on non-cloned troops ...

... and then I forgot it.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robot hands are sexier.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Hard to believe. I think we can do that now.

We can take a stump that has been cauterised and left to heal over for at least a day (and probably far longer), and then take a hand from a presumably dead doner and stick it on? That's fairly impressive.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can...it just wont stay on.
(slight problem- we're working on it!)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've found duct tape works well. But the smell becomes kind of distracting after a short time. Omega's implication also seems to be that Anakin's and Luke's manicures take place in the future, when of course we all know they took place a long time ago...

[Razz]

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega's implication is that although their technology is so far and away beyond ours, there are still things that we can do that they can't ... or that it seems they can't.

The Rebels have limited resources, even assuming that it's possible to attach a living, cloned hand to a cauterized and partially healed arm, there's no way to know that if Luke had gone with Vader, and been treated at an Imperial medical facility, that he wouldn't have had an organic hand reattached. Of course, if they're cloning stuff, they could just clone a whole new arm, and saw his off. It would get around the cauterized stump issue.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Zefram
Member # 1568

- posted      Profile for Zefram     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps their mechanical limbs are good enough that they see little need to go to the effort of cloning a limb and going through the arduous task of attaching nerves, muscles, and blood vessels. We saw that, despite having been attached in a Rebel sickbay, Luke's hand looked real, had the full range of motion, and seemed to have the same sensations as a real hand.

--------------------
"Having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's more a matter of having a cloned limb available immeadeately, rather than an inablity to perform a sucessful operation.

It's possible they cant clone just a part (particularly something very complex like a hand).

Clones take time to reach a maturity where the limb would match the stump.

Mabye that's whay Jango agreed to have himself duped- lots of spare parts in case he got shot up (though beheading is an insurmountable barrier to replacment, I guess....but that's what Boba was for).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, wouldn't the bionics be better for a Bounty Hunter?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem* Freelance peacekeeping agent, yes?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More like "Free Lance, Piece-keeping, firing, reloading and firing again Agent".

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Besides, wouldn't the bionics be better for a Bounty Hunter?
Or General 30% Iron Chef? Can you even imagine how spunky he'd be in the kitchen with four Ginsu knifes instead of sabers?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

quote:
Originally posted by Mighty Blogger Snay:
The Rebels have limited resources, even assuming that it's possible to attach a living, cloned hand to a cauterized and partially healed arm, there's no way to know that if Luke had gone with Vader, and been treated at an Imperial medical facility, that he wouldn't have had an organic hand reattached.

Doesn't explain Annakin's hand though, as presumably he didn't have the problem of limited resources. So it must have been a technological thing, and going from Scary Evil Hand to Luke's Nice & Fluffy Hand in 30-odd years is pretty impressive.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Mabye Anakin wanted the bling of a gold hand.

Or Amidalia requested some vibrating function.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist II
Member # 1425

Maybe the robotic hand had a special "Bachelor's Attachment".

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps